The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• 1 month later...

Reading a report on wrestling observer about Tony saying he had overspent this year.

According to them, on saying he needed to make cutbacks, he said 'On one song alone, I spent like a years pay for most pro wrestlers in this business'.

Tone, mate, that just makes you sound like a twat. Stop it. 

3 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Reading a report on wrestling observer about Tony saying he had overspent this year.

According to them, on saying he needed to make cutbacks, he said 'On one song alone, I spent like a years pay for most pro wrestlers in this business'.

Tone, mate, that just makes you sound like a twat. Stop it. 

He thinks he looks cool, look at me I can spend all this money on a song. I'd just say why pay wrestlers better.

22 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

He thinks he looks cool, look at me I can spend all this money on a song. I'd just say why pay wrestlers better.

Exactly. It just comes across really....twatish. 'I've spent more on one song than you get paid in a year!'. Really tone deaf. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

I don’t think there have ever been complaints about AEW wrestlers being underpaid. If anything AEW’s existence has massively inflated the market which is a good/bad thing depending on which end of the negotiating table you are.

There are AEW wrestlers being paid pretty well for doing not much at all yet you hear relatively few complaints. Leaping Lanny would be proud.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Man's a billionaire, so not sure where he decides to draw the line at 'overspending', given the whole AEW venture is essentially a hobby for him and he's never going to run out of money.

Edited by Arch Stanton
Typo

24 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I don’t think there have ever been complaints about AEW wrestlers being underpaid. If anything AEW’s existence has massively inflated the market which is a good/bad thing depending on which end of the negotiating table you are.

There are AEW wrestlers being paid pretty well for doing not much at all yet you hear relatively few complaints. Leaping Lanny would be proud.

I agree completely. I think it's more 'from the outside looking in' kind of thing. If I'm one of the wrestlers who has just been released, I'd be a bit narked thinking 'Tony can't afford to pay me to the end of my deal but can spaff that much on one song for a three minute entrance?' 

It's like when the company you work for says 'We've made record profits this year so to say thank you for all your hard work we have bought you some pizza's'.

Okay, maybe it's not like that but that's what the company I worked for did once and it annoyed me. It wasn't even good pizza. 

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Considering the reaction it got a Wembley paying a years wage of a wrestler so we could have Sting come out to Seek and Destroy was worth it. Same with Final Countdown.

I mean; come on, he’s used the ridiculous amount paid for music as a justification for cutting people - people who likely earned much less than what he was paying for the songs in question; given that one released wrestler a post saying he’d had to hold down another job to make ends meet. I’d rather see lower card wrestlers get paid more, and have no licensed music than a situation where people aren’t earning enough to live off.

Khan has also claimed The Boys no-showed multiple shows; something they’ve denied in a detailed statement.

Obviously I don’t know whose account is more accurate, but saying something about a lower paid act that might hinder their chances of getting bookings elsewhere is a bit shitty. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I mean; come on, he’s used the ridiculous amount paid for music as a justification for cutting people - people who likely earned much less than what he was paying for the songs in question; given that one released wrestler a post saying he’d had to hold down another job to make ends meet. I’d rather see lower card wrestlers get paid more, and have no licensed music than a situation where people aren’t earning enough to live off.

Khan has also claimed The Boys no-showed multiple shows; something they’ve denied in a detailed statement.

Obviously I don’t know whose account is more accurate, but saying something about a lower paid act that might hinder their chances of getting bookings elsewhere is a bit shitty. 

Do I have to say every time something is slightly tongue in cheek? Of course jobs are more important than music clearances. But people moaned he’s not a real boss, the roster is too bloated. He cuts some of the roster and now he’s the second coming of satan apparently. 

The Boys showed some conversations about 1 date. A date they couldn’t be arsed to drive to an international airport for even though they were told expenses would be paid. So they did have to drive 3 hours to the airport (America, so not unusual or unreasonable), at no expense but didn’t. And they were a bottom card act. Of the people cut only Sasha was a loss, but I guess they already had 2 other ring announcers, but I’m still sad to see her go. 

19 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

But people moaned he’s not a real boss, the roster is too bloated. He cuts some of the roster and now he’s the second coming of satan apparently. 

No, but cutting people for 'budget reasons' and then publicly saying a few days later that you spent more money on one song than the guys you just released will earn in a year is pretty cunty. 

Still, at least Tony's not petty....

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

We definitely shouldn't equate sacking people to being a 'real boss'.

Lots of petulant inheritance babies have had to sack lots of people because their vanity vehicles are pissing money.

As long as men with big wallets and suits with trainers have been allowed to buy sports teams, that's been a thing.

21 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Do I have to say every time something is slightly tongue in cheek? Of course jobs are more important than music clearances. But people moaned he’s not a real boss, the roster is too bloated. He cuts some of the roster and now he’s the second coming of satan apparently.

Probably because they weren't meaningful cuts. Some of them you would be shocked still worked there and were formerly Dark or ROH level deals.

Slim J has said he was on a per-appearance deal. If he wasn't booked, he wasn't taking anything away.

Anthony Henry gets injured on an indie against an AEW talent. Despite plans to be part of the Tag Tournament and a new T-shirt released. He gets sacked and then later finds out due to the backlash he can come back once he's fit again.