The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I mean let's be fair - you're happy to share anti-WWE memes and whatever, so you're okay with the jokey posts when it suits your opinion. So either it's okay or not.

Absolutely weird flex, very on brand. 

3 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Speaking of not being able to read - you're aware of the title of this thread, right? 

Are you aware where I called him a twat? 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Speaking of not being able to read - you're aware of the title of this thread, right? 

I believe @Chest Rockwell said some time ago that threads like these should be treated as overall discussions of the person or people covered so we don't get daft 'Tony Khan's Alright, Actually!' counter-threads. So the title should be changed, really.

15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Are you aware where I called him a twat? 

I am yes. However the title is not 'Tony's a twat but Vince is worse'. If you are annoyed at people making digs at Tony 'for likes' in a thread literally created for that very reason then I can't help you. 

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I believe @Chest Rockwell said some time ago that threads like these should be treated as overall discussions of the person or people covered so we don't get daft 'Tony Khan's Alright, Actually!' counter-threads. So the title should be changed, really.

So what you're suggesting is some sort of catch all, mega thread...

Interesting Devon, very interesting :)

Just now, Snitsky's back acne said:

Maybe just a little 'but we all agree Vince is much worse so take that shit somewhere else and stop spamming up this thread' sub header or something...

Perhaps some thread tags could help?

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I am yes. However the title is not 'Tony's a twat but Vince is worse'. If you are annoyed at people making digs at Tony 'for likes' in a thread literally created for that very reason then I can't help you. 

Actually I wasn’t having a pop at anyone in this thread. I even wrote where I took issue, and it was with social media, we’re all in pretty much agreement here about the sensibilities of what Tony said, and how that relates to the bigger picture. It is funny though that anyone else that said similar to me haven’t been singled out but I have. Almost like some people have an agenda based on who spoke not what was spoke.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
Not fair to name others

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Actually I wasn’t having a pop at anyone in this thread. I even wrote where I took issue, and it was with social media, we’re all in pretty much agreement here about the sensibilities of what Tony said, and how that relates to the bigger picture. It is funny though that anyone else that said similar to me like Def, Supremo or Flips haven’t been singled out but I have. Almost like some people have an agenda based on who spoke not what was spoke.

Maybe none of them quite have the... shall we say, 'way with words' that you have about the issue. 

51 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I mean I'm not sure what you think my 'brand' is beyond trying to talk some sense into you once in a while. Maybe that's a mistake but you do take things very personally and have a crazy tunnel vision when it comes to all things AEW. I try to approach you and your posts in a reasonable manner as most people do actually. Whether you choose to listen to that or not is obviously your choice but I don't consider my observation there to be weird OR a flex to be honest.

17 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It is funny though that anyone else that said similar to me haven’t been singled out but I have

Yeah funny how that happens on here, isn’t it. 

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Both sides are as bad as each other, albeit in slightly different ways. The moment you start 'what about-ing' what's going on here then you lose the right not to be called a tribal idiot.

There's horrible shit and people in both companies. That's the most important thing in all this. Saying "Yeah but they've done this" gets us nowhere and makes you look a twat.

Indeed.  It’s a difficult moral line for any of us here, all wrestling fans, to tread.  If we were being strictly morally pure we’d perry much have to not watch ANY wrestling given how many sordid stories have come, and continue to come out all locker rooms.

So it really makes all of us “tribal” for watching something that as @Supremo points out the rest of the world generally regards as intrinsically low rent.

Given all that, it’s particularly hypocritical to point fingers at each other in a “you like THIS brand”.  Let’s just deal with each issue that arises on its own merits or lack thereof.  Or just don’t watch any wrestling.

In a similar vein, it’s a proper “wrestling bubble” moment for the owner of one wrestling company to bring up sexual misconduct at another wrestling company.  The outside world sees no difference, you’re just drawing eyes to the seedy side of your own industry, you massive idiot.  

I really am a fan of AEW but it’s moments like this that remind me how far we’ve come from the promise of its creation, “wrestling but done better”, and as the 89 pages of this thread attest to a lot of the blame for that lies at Khan’s door directly.

1 minute ago, Loki said:

I really am a fan of AEW but it’s moments like this that remind me how far we’ve come from the promise of its creation, “wrestling but done better”, and as the 89 pages of this thread attest to a lot of the blame for that lies at Khan’s door directly.

Sometimes I think how I'd feel if I'd left WWE or tried to avoid them and went to AEW thinking it'd be better and the owner was better and then all this shit comes up on the regular. Don't get me wrong, the industry is better for AEW's existence and TK has done a lot right by people. But every so often he slips back into fanboy mode and it's in public and its embarrassing. He knows full well the mistakes others have made over the years. He had a rare opportunity to start with a mostly clean slate and not fall into the same traps.