The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

The best thing Tony Khan could do at this point, when comparing AEW and WWE would be to say they’re doing a lot of good things right now, but so are AEW. He could say that there’s a reason wrestling is popular right now, and it’s the competition between both companies, which means both are bringing their A-game. Just say something positive, to begin to diffuse at least some of the tiresome tribalism that exists. 

Same goes for Triple H, for that matter. If the opportunity arises in a presser to bash AEW, don’t. And it might well arise, given that it’s likely someone will ask him about this daft comment.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I'm sure the NFL is thrilled with Tony comparing their business partners to Harvey Weinstein. 

I dunno. It’s not like they did a Slim Jim when the lawsuit came out, they said nothing as I recall.

8 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I dunno. It’s not like they did a Slim Jim when the lawsuit came out, they said nothing as I recall.

They aren’t very hot when it comes to their players and domestic violence either. A conviction doesn’t really have an effect of their career. Plus they’re racist as fuck. A match made in heaven. 

Just watched the Tony interview clip. Well, at least he is Kayfabing lol. I am astonished honestly considering that he is the furthest thing from a kayfaber.
Also, I legit loled at "The Piledriver is banned in Tennessee". Nice reference to the Tennessee territory and it being banned to help heel Lawler get over by using it, that was a good and unexpected one XD.

But yeah, that comparison is...yeah. Even the interviewers were like "...What The F***??"

On 4/28/2024 at 4:22 PM, CavemanLynn said:

This angle would mobilise half of this forum into storming Rancho Cucamunga.

You jest but that could make an interesting cinematic match, The Siege of Rancho Cucamunga.

It ends with The Bucks imitating Butch and Sundance. 😆

Paul Newman GIF by Maudit

Personally don't have an issue with Khan bringing that up. WWE still has a shit load of enablers there and people involved in that awfulness. They just try and brush it under the carpet. It should make WWE uncomfortable and those who keep going on about  THE TRIPLE H ERA.

Tony should clean his own house though first.

25 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Tony should clean his own house though first.

This makes me think of another example of Tony getting grief for something he's been praised for. 

The way AEW/Tony Khan handled the entire run of Sting's run. It's been lauded as one of the best runs of honouring somebody that there's ever been, yet the two people aligned with Sting during that time have been Darby Allin and Ric Flair - both of whom would be close to the top of the list of people needing to be removed to clean AEW's house.

So we praise AEW/Tony Khan for the Sting run but are critical of the people that Sting wanted to associate himself with during that run.

Is he a twat for giving Sting what Sting wants or is he too nice to tell somebody of Sting's stature no?

9 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said:

Is he a twat for giving Sting what Sting wants or is he too nice to tell somebody of Sting's stature no?

The answer is probably somewhere in the middle.

Look it's his billions, he can spend it how he wants at the end of the day.