2021 Celebrity Death Thread

Magnum Milano

7 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

my thoughts are with everyone working for the BBC. When I did some stuff on local radio, they had posters pinned up in every studio about what the protocol was for a royal death.

As long as they don't postpone tonight's episode of HIGNFY

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

He was part of an accy, yes...

18 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Intrigued how this will be spun as being Megan’s doing

Insider trading is frowned upon.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I guess this is a little bit of an insight in to how all shit will break loose when the Queen dies. They have been married 73 years, I wonder how she'll get on without him.

Wouldn't be surprised if she abdicated. or at least started to put plans into place to step down. By all accounts his support kept her going for years. 

2 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

If today is anything to go by, when the Queen sadly passes away I think there's a good chance they might take Tipping Point off that day. As if the country isnt already in a state as it is.

Is that what it takes to get that bloody show off TV?! I'd take wall to wall Prince Philip coverage over Tipping Point.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I'd take wall to wall Prince Philip coverage

Better get STARS on the case for that.

• Paid Members

It's only a week until the next issue of Viz comes out. The May issue is going to be pretty spectacular. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

my thoughts are with everyone working for the BBC. When I did some stuff on local radio, they had posters pinned up in every studio about what the protocol was for a royal death.

Best part of this is that it turns out they are doing this, with every station broadcasting classical music and a sombre reflection of the life of Prince Phillip, but that they haven't changed any of the programme descriptions online, so it still says this:

2021-04-09 (2).png

The BBC put a very lengthy article about his life up on its home page minutes after the news was announced and also many other outlets. 

So am suspecting the news outlets were aware before the news broke or knew this was coming this week.

I have no clue at journalism so maybe this is a standard thing where the press know a few hours ahead of press releases.

Its a slow day for me but has got me wondering now how it all works. 

Edited by Briefcase