2021 Celebrity Death Thread

• Paid Members

Just been announced that Paul Ritter who played Dad/Martin in Friday Night Dinner has passed away from a brain tumour aged 54.

Absolutely gutted on this, he's been one of my favourite actors on TV in recent years in that show.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Dad died on Friday. Ben Spiller was a pretty great guy. I can't claim he's an actual celebrity but it's possible if you are from the Reading area you'd know him. He won the pride of Reading award i

Not what I've heard!

I'll not actively court it, because I fear he'll haunt me (and it's as much as I deserve), but I have already seen a bump in sales. The sole thing that allowed me to financially survive the first

Posted Images

• Paid Members

Shit on it indeed. Absolutely horrible news. He was also great in Chernobyl as well. 

11 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Just been announced that Paul Ritter who played Dad/Martin in Friday Night Dinner has passed away from a brain tumour aged 54.

Absolutely gutted on this, he's been one of my favourite actors on TV in recent years in that show.

Fuck. That's a shocker.

I must admit I only recently watched FND because I didn't think I would like it - fuck knows why - but it's a lovely show and I really enjoyed it. I wasn't too fussed about it coming back as I did think they left it well but was looking forward to the reunion stuff anyway.

He was such a versatile actor that I honestly didn't realise it was him in some of the other roles I've seen mentioned.

13 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Fuck. That's a shocker.

I must admit I only recently watched FND because I didn't think I would like it - fuck knows why - but it's a lovely show and I really enjoyed it. I wasn't too fussed about it coming back as I did think they left it well but was looking forward to the reunion stuff anyway.

He was such a versatile actor that I honestly didn't realise it was him in some of the other roles I've seen mentioned.

I'm the same, watched a random episode early in the year and loved it. Binged the whole series over a couple of weeks.

• Paid Members

Completely forgot he was in Chernobyl, loved how well presented that entire series was.

One of the quizzes I do regularly has done huge 1000 team Friday Night Dinner quizzes purely from the success of the show and how popular it was. Hope they do another one and fundraise for a cancer charity with it.

• Paid Members
Just now, gmoney said:

Did you have a bet on he'd go tomorrow? 

He was part of an accy, yes...