2021 Celebrity Death Thread

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Dad died on Friday. Ben Spiller was a pretty great guy. I can't claim he's an actual celebrity but it's possible if you are from the Reading area you'd know him. He won the pride of Reading award i

Not what I've heard!

I'll not actively court it, because I fear he'll haunt me (and it's as much as I deserve), but I have already seen a bump in sales. The sole thing that allowed me to financially survive the first

Posted Images

Former footballer Frank Worthington at the age of 72.  

Towards the end of his career he made a few non-league appearances, and one of them was against the non-league side I followed and supported (pretty sure it had to be Weymouth he was playing for).  Anyway I rushed onto the pitch at the end of the game so he could sign my programme, only for my pen to have been upside down in my jacket pocket since we left the house and all the ink had ran out and leaked onto my jacket/top etc.  Even with no ink he still signed for me and somewhere I have a programme with an indent of Frank Worthington's autograph on! 

spacer.png

Any excuse to post this clip which I imagine will be all over social media today.

• Moderators

George Segal has died. I first saw him in Just Shoot Me, which I really loved at the time when it used to air on Paramount, and he just had a natural warmth and charisma that made him very likeable.

I'm not sure if it was actually good though / has held up well. Just checked it out on imdb and I see that it was created by Steven Levitan, who was one half of the team behind Modern Family which was really good in its early years, so maybe...

More recently he'd been in The Goldbergs in which he was great also. He was also in Entourage for a few episodes.

• Paid Members

He was great in Just Shoot Me, which I remember from it being on proper early morning Channel 4 before they settled into the Raymond/Frasier loop. He was in many more, much bigger things as well, but that's my main memory of his work. 

• Paid Members

Ah man. What a talent. Incredible and terrifying in Play Misty For Me and easily the funniest performer in a cast of all time funniest performances in Arrested Development years later.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Ah man. What a talent. Incredible and terrifying in Play Misty For Me and easily the funniest performer in a cast of all time funniest performances in Arrested Development years later.

I’m not sure what clicked but it must have been on my third watch or something before I realised that she was the highlight of AD. Obviously the writing played a big part but her delivery and expressions just absolutely nailed every scene. Even more impressive when you read about the shit she put up with from Jeffrey Tambor.  

Edited by stumobir
55 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Seeing Misty for the first time years after I'd watched Arrested Development was quite the strange experience.

You realise when you go back and watch Arrested Development how she is the best thing in that show and the main glue for it all. Absolutely all those characters are defined by their relationship with her

Edited by Factotum