Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted
17 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

Having a nice brew in a cafe when, with an audible "crack", the frames of my glasses shatter causing the lenses to fall into the tea with a plopping sound.

Off to the opticians to sort it tomorrow.

I told @PunkStep recently that the reason I rarely go out in my glasses (I wear lenses) is that if a nuclear or zombie war kicked off while I was out in them, then if they got broke or cracked, I'd be that character in the film who dies first because they can't see properly*

Falling in tea is another reason.

 

*yes I'd then have to go through the apocalypse with the lenses I'm wearing and any spares I have (always at least 2 pairs on me) but that's by the by.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Bought a dining table from The Range over the weekend, getting it with a big discount as it was an ex display model. Because of this I was very specific in my questioning; do you deliver, will it be flatpacked down so it can get in my house? Yes and Yes.

I went to get it by Klarna which I’d never used before so spent 20 minutes setting it up only to be told because my card expires in less than 3 months I can’t use it. After much faffing and two members of staff that had no idea how to set it up or use it, I reluctantly just bought it outright because it wasn’t worth the arse on.

I was told delivery wasn’t a courier it was basically some bloke and I need to pay him £25 cash on delivery. A bit strange for a big retail store but whatever. I get told it’s coming Wednesday (today).

Spent all day today waiting for a confirmation text or phonecall for a time slot and got nothing. Called the store at 1pm and the member of staff could find nothing for me with my details, and my order number off the receipt was linked to someone else’s name and order. Great. She said bring your receipt to the store if it doesn’t turn up.

Gets to 4.30pm and the driver calls. He’ll be there in half an hour. Turns up not flatpacked, fully built and they “aren’t allowed to do anything” other than deliver it. So they dump it upside down on my grass and show me how to take the legs off. So I had to sit taking the legs off and lugging an oak dining table through the front door of my house and then screw the legs back on with no help from them.

Pain in my fucking arse.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Just Some Guy said:

Having a nice brew in a cafe when, with an audible "crack", the frames of my glasses shatter causing the lenses to fall into the tea with a plopping sound.

Off to the opticians to sort it tomorrow.

Asda opticians do a good deal if there is one near you buddy. You pay for the frames and the lenses are free. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
19 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I'd be fuming. Your ceiling for a 'minor annoyance' is much higher than mine.

Agreed. That is an absolute fuck-on, and it would be enough to cause me to lurch out of my inertia enough to actually leave a detailed and scathing review on Trustpilot or something.

Posted

People’s lack of respect for minute silences, we did the 2 minute one for VE Day this morning/afternoon and the amount of customers of various age who carried on walking through my floor shopping, talking or going onto the escalator was shocking, add to that the in-store nail bar wouldn’t turn their music off for it and one angry dickhead decided to use his time to berate my manager for a lack of staff on the tills

Is it really so hard to just stop for two measly minutes, given the importance of today? 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Facebook's algorithms baffle me. It's always been annoying that you never see any posts from about 90% of your friends, just ads and groups you've never signed up for and also that they'll show you the same post 57 times but if you're actually interested in it, you'll never see it again and have to use the search bar. I started a new page, as mentioned elsewhere, and it showed me a post from one of The Sun's pages, like "Sun Gossip" or something. So I blocked it. The next day, my feed was full of Sun Football, Sun Weather, Sun Telly, Scottish Sun, Sun Politics, Rupert Murdoch Nudes. Fucking everything. What part of blocking one of their accounts suggests I want to see all the others!?

Posted
On 5/8/2025 at 11:48 PM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

People’s lack of respect for minute silences, we did the 2 minute one for VE Day this morning/afternoon and the amount of customers of various age who carried on walking through my floor shopping, talking or going onto the escalator was shocking, add to that the in-store nail bar wouldn’t turn their music off for it and one angry dickhead decided to use his time to berate my manager for a lack of staff on the tills

Is it really so hard to just stop for two measly minutes, given the importance of today? 

You should see them when the fire alarm goes off.

”That’s the fire alarm folks, we need to evacuate the building”

”Oh OK. Can I just buy this quickly?”

  • Paid Members
Posted

Toilet liars in my very own family.

If everyone is brushing up after themselves and/or squirting a bit of Domestos down does this mean that the only plausible explanation is that someone is sneaking in unnoticed to cake the pan in skids?

100% it's Mrs JB :(

Posted

Local recycling collectors, absolutely hopeless. There's an option on the council's website to report missed collections, I'm pretty sure nobody actually reads the reports. Last year I reported missed collection six weeks in a row, and nothing happened. So I made a formal complaint to the council, which was upheld. It included a response from the supposed collectors, which was something along the lines of them not realising my recycling was to be collected every week (yet they have weekly collection routes, go figure). Which obviously doesn't explain why it wasn't collected for six weeks in a row despite it being reported every week. There generally seems to be problems around bank holidays, the normal collection day is a Wednesday but when it's a bank holiday the council always email to say the recycling will be collected on the Thursday, and it never is. So naturally it didn't get collected last week. So naturally I reported it. So what happened this week? They took six empty glass beer bottles from my recycling box, yet managed to completely ignore the recycling sack full of empty cans and plastic bottles. This is despite the sack being placed directly in front on the box, so they'd have had to reach over it to get the glass bottles. So yet another missed collection report to the council, which will be obviously ignored. I made clear in the report I'd be making a formal complaint for each and every missed collection from now on, sick of this appalling level of customer service.

Posted (edited)

This is beyond a minor annoyance but we were told today that we would not be getting an annual pay award this year because they can't afford it (on my birthday too!) on the same day that they published £150k plus CEO and Senior Leadership Team salaries. Great way to demotivate and piss all your staff off.

Edited by deathrey

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...