Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

The quality of the the additional material makes me hopeful that the show won’t just drop off a cliff should they pad the story out for an extra couple of series between the games story. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
11 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The quality of the the additional material makes me hopeful that the show won’t just drop off a cliff should they pad the story out for an extra couple of series between the games story. 

They've already said that the current plan is 3 seasons, so whether that means season 3 will be original material (or the same as game 3, whenever that comes out) or season 2 will be new material and season 3 will be the second game will be interesting to see. I absolutely love the second game but have no idea how you adapt something of that scale to television.

Posted

I’d imagine that the second series would be how they get to the where the second game starts and then them shifting some key events around in to a workable narrative for the third series. That being said they could easily spread the entire second game story across two series.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The Last of Us is sort of needing it's own thread. Plus like Game of Thrones there's two types of spoilers for those that have played the games. We're going to get into "well wait to you see what happens with Alf when he next meets Jerome....!!!" territory. Can we just ask for none of that sort of talk please? 

Edited by Onyx2
Posted
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

The Last of Us is sort of needing it's own thread. Plus like Game of Thrones there's two types of spoilers for those that have played the games. We're going to get into "well wait to you see what happens with Alf when he next meets Jerome....!!!" territory. Can we just ask for none of that sort of talk please? 

The Last of Us Thread (No Game Wankers)

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

I'll get on splitting it out. Things are a bit hectic here for me today - can someone have a flick and let me know what page the chat for this show started on? Will help ensure I don't miss anything.

Edited by Chest Rockwell
  • Paid Members
Posted

If anyone had ever thought about watching Arrested Development, or never got round to it, you have until March 14th (Ted Lasso Season 3 Eve) to watch it, as Netflix are removing all series, including the 2 they actually made themselves. https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2023/02/13/netflix-is-removing-all-five-seasons-of-arrested-development/amp/

  • Paid Members
Posted
33 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I never caught the last series, I wasn't sure it was worth watching. Guess now is time to decide!

Season 5 is absolutely awful.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Seasons 4 and 5 were so bad it made me second guess if it was ever good to begin with (it was).

Edited by FelatioLips
  • Awards Moderator
Posted

I also never got round to season 5, and prefer to imagine season 4 never existed. The prospect of season 4 was the reason I signed up for Netflix… luckily I’ve still got the DVDs of the good seasons to fall back on.

Posted

I’m being whooshed with all this season four and five talk aren’t I? Everyone knows there are only three seasons of Arrested Development. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
19 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Everyone knows there are only three seasons of Arrested Development. 

*cuts to Gob trying to throw S4&5 script in to the sea*

Posted (edited)
On 1/23/2023 at 7:25 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Started watching Man Like Mobeen today and it's so obviously great that I'm once again annoyed at myself for not having got round to it earlier.

I had actively avoided watching this. It looked a little bit Citizen Khan-ish to me, which just makes me cringe. It felt like a show made by brown people to make none brown people laugh. Prompted by your comments, I gave it a watch on Netflix and absolutley loved it much to my surprise. Very cleverly written and genuinely very funny. I can't wait till the next series! Thanks for the recommendation.

Edited by deathrey

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...