Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 hours ago, Factotum said:

It really is something special. The fact he wrote them all as well is so impressive.

One really cool thing about Mr Inbetween is about midway through season 3 it gets a bit boring and repetitive and you feel like you've seen it all before but then you gradually realise that hey, that's the point, Ray is trapped in a pointless cycle of violence that he can't get out of and it's making him depressed and completely empty. Very subtle and well done.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Blasted through all of Station Eleven in the last two days and really enjoyed it. I'm glad I watched it like that because the story structure is a little complex with how it moves through time so I appreciated having all the context in my head at all times but I found the whole thing really affecting with some great performances from all the main players.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Episode 3 of The Last Of Us is one of the best hours of television in years, they’re doing amazing things with this series.

Agreed. Saw so many reviews calling it a masterpiece. Can’t be that good, I thought. Watched it. It was. Extraordinary television.

Posted

Will it have any impact on Mr Inbetween if you haven’t seen the film, and does it matter if you haven’t played The Last Of Us when watching the show?

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

does it matter if you haven’t played The Last Of Us when watching the show?

Nah definitely not. Watch the show then play the game. 

Posted
Just now, Nexus said:

Nah definitely not. Watch the show then play the game. 

Cheers! I’ll have to get a PlayStation for that, and that ain’t happening!!

  • Paid Members
Posted

Started watching BMF (Black Mafia Family). It's okay, pretty typical crime show, not the best acted but pretty stylish. I always make a funny face when I see a show has been made by/for STARZ, yet there's been quite a few shows of theirs now that I like. Will help pass the time until the new series of Snowfall.

 

17 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Will it have any impact on Mr Inbetween if you haven’t seen the film

No. I haven't seen the film and still liked it. Dewey Crowe's in it (I'm only mentioning that because that was what pushed me into trying it!).

Posted
51 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Will it have any impact on Mr Inbetween if you haven’t seen the film, and does it matter if you haven’t played The Last Of Us when watching the show?

I haven’t seen the film but I don’t believe there’s any continuity between the film and the series. As for TLOU you’ll probably enjoy it more for not going, “That shot there is exactly how this part of the game starts” and “None of this happens in the game.” Your girlfriend definitely will.

  • Paid Members
Posted

The Mr Inbetween film wasn't widely released at all and came out over 10 years before the series. Very, very few people will have seen the film before the series. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Just finally watched The Bear on Disney+. If the idea of Uncut Gems mixed with Boiling Point (the Stephen Graham one) sounds up your ally, give it a go. Really enjoyable and most episodes are under 30 minutes so was a breeze to get through. Great stuff.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...