Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

Only just realised one of the guys in Last Of Us this week was in season 1 of White Lotus. Genuinely didn't realise it was him. What a range.

Yeah, it was a shock when I realised as well. 

Posted
On 1/30/2023 at 10:18 PM, LaGoosh said:

Mr Inbetween film wasn't widely released at all and came out over 10 years before the series. Very, very few people will have seen the film before the series. 

I think its on YouTube. But yeah nothing to do with the show at all.

THE LAST OF US was something special this week. I realised the main writer is the guy who did Chernobyl so no wonder it's excellent.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Good god, the 3rd episode of The Last of Us. I'm not even kidding when I say that was one of the best love stories I've watched. Cried solid for about 10 mins of that. It was like the beginning of the Pixar movie Up but stretched out. 

I liked Nick Offerman and Murray Bartlett before but now I love them. 

This is such a good show. I'm not even fussed about the upcoming Fallout TV series now because I can't see it being as good as this. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Apologies if this has already been posted.

I found that the misery of The Wire wasn't quite enough for me so I've been watching The Corner on YouTube for the last few days.

It was written by David Simon and is kind of a prelude to The Wire. Originally shown on HBO in 2000 but gained little in the way of mainstream popularity. It focuses solely on the lives of the people on the street, rather than a mix of the police and school system as seen in The Wire. 

Utterly heart breaking but captivating stuff which digs a little deeper into the awfulness of addiction that maybe the Wire doesn't do. 

It shares quite a few cast members with The Wire, most of which are in complete role reversal. Very odd seeing Lester and Daniels on the other side. 

The full 6 part series is on YouTube if anyone fancies it. 

 

 

 

 

Posted

Would recommend the book as well. Top stuff. That and HOMICIDE are brilliant.

37 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

I found that the misery of The Wire wasn't quite enough for me so I've been watching The Corner on YouTube for the last few days.

Have you see WE OWN THIS CITY yet? Basically a real WIRE sequel but with Jon Bernthal smacking around which is always fun

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, Factotum said:

Would recommend the book as well. Top stuff. That and HOMICIDE are brilliant.

Have you see WE OWN THIS CITY yet? Basically a real WIRE sequel but with Jon Bernthal smacking around which is always fun

I'm currently listening to the Corner on Audible at the same time! Homicide is next on my list. Planning on watching We Own This City as soon as I can. 

All the pieces matter! 

  • Members
Posted

Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets by David Simon is quite possibly the best book I've ever read. 

The level of detail is phenomenal, you genuinely picture every single scene, interaction, conversation etc and I urge everyone to read it.

Posted

Episode 4 of The Last of Us was a great ‘filler’ episode. Just an hour of the characters not doing anything much but relationship building. I fear we may lose Neil Druckman to the big boy world of television and film after the success of this show. Can’t wait to see Kojima do a Death Stranding show.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Happy Valley was an incredible final series and a superb finale. My heart was in my mouth with the scene where Catherine was snoozing in the chair. 

 

I thought it ended quite well.

Posted

I know it gets said about pretty much every Netflix docuseries that gets released, but I can't think of any that warranted four whole episodes less than Gunther's Millions. A complete and utter chore to sit through and was obviously going for the Tiger King vibe but didn't have any of the attributes that made that a success. I only stuck it out to the end to see if there turned out to be an interesting story behind it all. Turns out...

Spoiler

...no, it's just a rich guy pissing about and avoiding tax, something I think they established by episode 2. Garbage.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Took me awhile to get the game out of my head and enjoy it on it's own merits but The Last of Us is going from strength to strength and I'm enjoying all the new non-game stuff, as good an adaption as you're going to get really. The last episode was very good and that ending action sequence was superb. Bella Ramsey and Pedro Pascal are both absolutely excellent, showing their bond growing with just small non-verbal gestures - both should win all the acting awards this year.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...