Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

So, The Last Of Us is out in a few days, is it worth chucking its own thread out so it doesn't have to be discussed in spoiler tags (presuming people will be watching)?

I think it's the most excited I've been for a TV show in a long time and being a huge fan of the games, I have high hopes compared with most video game adaptions. 

Also don't want to be spoiling anything in the game, although, if you havent played the first by now, you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself! 

Posted

I know I'm in the minority but I thought the first game was shit, at least when Kojima disguises a movie as a game it does or says something interesting.

I'm happy the casting has pissed off the alt-right paedos tho.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah it's unlikely I'll ever play the games but I'd happily watch Pedro Pascal in anything. 

Plus, Murray Bartlett (the hotel manager from White Lotus s1)! 

Edited by PunkStep
Posted
45 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Never played the games, and likely never will, but Anna Torv AND Melanie Lynskey?

200.gif

Speaking of Melanie, season 2 of Yellowjackets is out in March. It's a bit silly but I really enjoyed it, gets pretty damn dark at times.

Posted

I'm guessing that everybody further up in this thread that was already well ahead of me on discovering Nathan Fielder already knows about this but "How To with John Wilson" is an absolutely stunning piece of work (exec produced by Fielder which is how I stumbled across it.)

Both seasons up on iPlayer.  There's even a wrestling connection in the first episode.

I'm not sure the trailer does it justice, but it gives you an idea (and will save you twenty odd minutes if it's really not your thing because I can see his delivery putting a lot of people off).  

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Was pretty damn good wasn't it? Having not owned a PlayStation since the PS2 I'm going in blind here, which I think is good as I'm not comparing it to the game

But yeah, brilliant first episode. Miles better than any of that Walking Dead shite that I've watched (all of first series, some of the second).

  • Paid Members
Posted

It was everything I hoped it would be. It looked beautiful and most importantly they didn't feel the need to throw everything at the first episode and explain everything. That first clicker reveal is going to be something. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 1/15/2023 at 2:39 PM, s279 said:

I'm guessing that everybody further up in this thread that was already well ahead of me on discovering Nathan Fielder already knows about this but "How To with John Wilson" is an absolutely stunning piece of work (exec produced by Fielder which is how I stumbled across it.)

Both seasons up on iPlayer.  There's even a wrestling connection in the first episode.

I'm not sure the trailer does it justice, but it gives you an idea (and will save you twenty odd minutes if it's really not your thing because I can see his delivery putting a lot of people off).  

 

I love this show so much. Hilarious, thoughtful, beautiful, sad, insane. An absolute treasure. Like nothing else. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Was pretty damn good wasn't it? Having not owned a PlayStation since the PS2 I'm going in blind here, which I think is good as I'm not comparing it to the game

But yeah, brilliant first episode. Miles better than any of that Walking Dead shite that I've watched (all of first series, some of the second).

I'm absolutely fascinated by what people who haven't played the game think of this so please keep us updated with what you think. Glad you enjoyed it.

I was kind of torn watching it, everything that wasn't from the game I was engrossed by but everything that was identical to the game made me feel a bit distant as I was constantly comparing or looking for certain things. Absolutely incredible production on it for sure. Can't wait to see the infected proper.

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm doing a catch-up of decently popular series I've just somehow never seen, starting with Black Sails. Season 1 is alright, basically 'Pirate Deadwood' but they manage to build on that foundation every season and now halfway through the final 10 episodes I'm enthralled, the most fun I've had watching a TV show since Andor.

Will be starting Station Eleven next, then Mr. Robot. Heard good things about both.

Posted

I'm a bit late with this one but I've been binge watching Ted Lasso the last couple of days whilst trapped under my napping 3 month old. I've really really enjoyed it, far more than I had expected to, I've only got a handful of episodes left in season 2 and will be sad to see it end. It's such easy viewing, the characters are compelling and it's made me laugh out loud quite a few times which is something I rarely do when watching tv shows.

Any one know when season 3 will be out?

I've sailed through it a bit faster than I expected and I'll have to find something else to watch now.

Posted

I’m sure there’ll be some on here that are interested in this, but as a big fan of the series when I was younger, I’m really excited for this release in April!

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...