• Paid Members

I watched Severance and liked it even though I'm not sure it ever really arrived at a point. Great cast and cool production design, though.

Been watching the good The Office, about halfway through series 3. Very funny and nice to see where all the gifs and memes specifically came from.

Started series 2 of Alice in Borderland as well. It's started just as enjoyably as the first series did, hopefully it doesn't go downhill like it also did. 

• Paid Members

Is Season 1 of Always Sunny in Philidelphia considered a hard watch which gets better over time? I've read nothing but good stuff on here over the years. 

I've watched about 6 episodes of season 1 and I understand that they're meant to be repugnant pricks but I'm finding it hard to want to watch such a group of characters. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Been watching the good The Office, about halfway through series 3. Very funny and nice to see where all the gifs and memes specifically came from.

I've been rewatching this over the last month and the main takeaway I have from it now is how much of an absolute bellend Jim is. I detest that prick.

I was thinking of starting a Twitter thread detailing how much of a knob he is, episode by episode, but let's be honest, I'll give up by episode 3.

I was watching a Season 5 episode the other night and the office are all debating if Hilary Swank is hot or not. He acts as though he's above the discussion and just wants everyone to get on with their work, then when he realises nobody is listening to him he has to take charge of the whole discussion like it's some type of Powerpoint presentation.

He sulks because Charles Minor has the audacity to not think he's adorable. God forbid somebody doesn't think the sun shines out his arse.

Sorry. It's probaby not healthy to be this fixated on a fictional character being an utter dickhead but here we are.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Is Season 1 of Always Sunny in Philidelphia considered a hard watch which gets better over time? I've read nothing but good stuff on here over the years. 

I've watched about 6 episodes of season 1 and I understand that they're meant to be repugnant pricks but I'm finding it hard to want to watch such a group of characters. 

Same. I tried twice to watch it and couldn't get into it at all. If someone wants to suggest a jumping in point, i'd be greatful.

18 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Yes. The characters absolutely change and take shape around season 3ish, and they're quite different in season 1. Persevere and you'll get an incredible sitcom. Plus in season 1, there isn't Frank.

Don’t they rip the piss out of how shit it was themselves? I don’t think it’s a total write off but I think you need two things to love It’s Always Sunny, the first thing is Frank and the second is to spend plenty of time with the characters because eventually they will stop being utterly disgusting human beings and become your utterly disgusting human beings.

• Paid Members

Finished a rewatch of Reservation Dogs on Disney yesterday ready to watch season 2 now it's finally coming up on Disney.

Honestly, I'm glad I rewatched it. The first time I think I just went through expecting a bit of drama, a few comedic moments and a celebration of a culture on television usually poorly represented but it's brilliant. The writing and acting really stand out, the laughs definitely are there but the drama moments really do hit more than I remember them doing. 

I do criticise streaming at times for the all at once approach, but it did make it a lot more interesting of a Tuesday and Wednesday blasting through this while taking breaks to watch Boy Meets World and Doug.

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I wouldn't waste your time with season 1 of Sunny. Start with season 2, you'll miss nothing essential.

Charlie Has Cancer is funny but I'd agree that you don't miss anything if you skip it (I don't skip on rewatches but that's just me being weird)

@Factotum I think the moment I realised Dennis is something else was when he mentions 

Spoiler

The implication 

Edited by SuperBacon
D.E.N.N.I.S