• Paid Members

Peep Show is one of my favourites ever. I find it endlessly rewatchable and is one of my comfort shows to stick on and forget the world. I always did like Season 8 and never got the dislike for it. On the other hand, Season 9 is irredeemably guff to the point where I stop my binge watches after 8 and pretend 9 never existed. 

• Paid Members

I never watched Peepshow when it was on but picked up a set cheap because it was so highly spoken of. I really enjoyed the first series, I thought it was a fantastic show really well put together, but gave up somewhere in the third series. I really should revisit it with fresh eyes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Atlanta finished. The finale was perfect. I expected the vibe of the episode to be chilled rather than dramatic and it was pitched just perfectly. Genuinely very sad to see it end. As I've said before, it's on a level above pretty much everything else.

Spoiler

Very pleased that Alfred didn't die. Death has always followed his character throughout the show so happy to see he finally found peace.

I can’t believe I was raving about Atlanta then completely forgot the bloody thing was on. On the plus side I’ve got a night of binging Atlanta!

The first two episodes of The White Lotus are fantastic. Between this, Master of None, The Godfather Part: II and The Trip I’ve come to the conclusion that everything is better when it’s set in Italy. Love seeing Michael Imperolli playing an alternative time line version of Christopher Moltisante if the Hollywood thing worked out. F. Murray Abraham is in it so he’s obviously the best.

Can’t find a dedicated thread, but the Walking Dead final episode was pretty fucking good.

Great way to close out the characters not getting a spin off, and good send off to those that are, without them taking up too much time doing so.

The song choice during the final zombies fight was very good too. Loved that!

• Paid Members

It's a shame so many people dropped off with the show, as the last 2 or 3 series' have been pretty good. 

Always found Fear The Walking Dead to be the better of the two shows, but once Scott M Gimple left TWD and moved over to FTWD, that show got worse and the main show improved. 

• Paid Members

I am very, very, late to the Ted Lasso party. I've binged both seasons in two days. Season one is deliciously good. Season two is good, but without spoiling it there's a couple of narratives and abstract episodes I wasn't overly keen on. 

Other than that, highest recommendation. It's proper feel-good stuff that also deals with some real issues well. Can't wait for season three.