Whilst I'm sure no one here is the target audience, has anyone here been watching Wednesday on Netflix? I'm up to episode 3 and really enjoying it so far. There are some nods to the old Addams Family films/tv shows and Christina Ricci is in it wearing a dodgy red wig. My only criticism so far is the guy they have cast to play Gomez, he was always handsome but kooky, this guy is more of an Uncle Fester in appearance. 

8 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Whilst I'm sure no one here is the target audience, has anyone here been watching Wednesday on Netflix? I'm up to episode 3 and really enjoying it so far. There are some nods to the old Addams Family films/tv shows and Christina Ricci is in it wearing a dodgy red wig. My only criticism so far is the guy they have cast to play Gomez, he was always handsome but kooky, this guy is more of an Uncle Fester in appearance. 

The whole family love the Addams Family so think we will start watching this week.

And criticising Luis Guzman??? Oh dear, bring back down votes :)

I finished the latest series of The Crown and it was crap.

I've really enjoyed the series despite having zero interest really in the royal family, and whilst it's very well acted as always, it's just boring.

Stand alone episodes focusing on the Romanovs and the Al-Fayed family just don't work, and really slows the pace down, for what is already a slow show. 

There is also an excruciating moment when Charles visits some Princes Trust youngsters that made me want to smash my TV.

Elizabeth Debicki is quite extraordinary as Diana, even if it feels like she veers into parody sometimes (I suppose it's hard not to when playing someone who had such distinctive mannerisms and looks) and Johnny Lee Miller as Major is WAY too sexy for the role.

Gillian Anderson as Thatcher and now him as Major. Very, very tough wanks.

20 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Elizabeth Debicki is quite extraordinary as Diana, even if it feels like she veers into parody sometimes (I suppose it's hard not to when playing someone who had such distinctive mannerisms and looks) and Johnny Lee Miller as Major is WAY too sexy for the role.

Gillian Anderson as Thatcher and now him as Major. Very, very tough wanks.

I'm only up to the Al-Fayed episode but yes, it doesn't work and isn't as good as previous series'. 

They have tried to ugly up Jonny Lee Miller and failed, watching him made me wonder if I had a crush on John Major but then I remembered he looks nothing like him.

Did Diana look down like that all the time? I don't remember her doing that, it's almost like there is something wrong with the actresses neck, it's most annoying.

9 hours ago, deathrey said:

My only criticism so far is the guy they have cast to play Gomez, he was always handsome but kooky, 

He wasn’t. In the comics he was never handsome and was like how Luis Guzman is portraying him. It’s something that Tim Burton was keen to return to. He’s only been debonair on screen. 

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

He wasn’t. In the comics he was never handsome and was like how Luis Guzman is portraying him. It’s something that Tim Burton was keen to return to. He’s only been debonair on screen. 

Ahh fair enough,  I've never read the comics

32 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Sorry, are you trying to imply that this man is NOT handsome? 

spacer.png

10 hours ago, deathrey said:

Did Diana look down like that all the time? I don't remember her doing that, it's almost like there is something wrong with the actresses neck, it's most annoying.

I think the fact that Elizabeth Debicki is 6'3" plays a part into it.

Binged the second series of Upright and it is just marvellous stuff. Tim Minchin - while not about to win any awards - is a much better actor than he has any right to be but his writing on the show is impeccable. Milly Alcock is superb again and is setting herself up to become a mega star.

• Paid Members

My wife and I binged Wednesday and thought it was thoroughly excellent. The actress playing Wednesday was great, and it was lovely to see the subtle nods to the Addams Family canon, like the double click and the fact that Wednesday was described as creepy and kooky. 

We also watched Reboot on Disney+. It's like a version of 30 Rock done by Hulu, and I quite enjoyed it. 

Also started Welcome the Wrexham, but the last three episodes I've watched have been pretty sad, and I can't handle the tonal whiplash from "we've won 6 out of 9 this month" to "my baby was born sleeping" in the same episode, so I think I'm going to stop there. 

• Paid Members

I liked the Al Fayed episode, thought it was interesting and the guy that played Mo was uncanny. 

Not just Johnny Lee Miller, Dominic West makes Charles come across far sexier than he should. 

We're a few episodes into this series. It's alright, I find it fascinating from a historical perspective when they cover certain events but The Crown isn't groundbreaking drama. 

On the 'did Diana have a long neck' topic, I think this lifelike drawing confirms it:

13B3CBE0-1381-4B2A-BF47-50D3084D9292.jpeg.44ead8dba57b12e71b30f06b7070732d.thumb.jpg.96643e7c856d68aa28b50d9605d8cbed.jpg

We’ve started with 1899 on Netflix, the follow up from the guys who created Dark. It’s the same sort of twisty mystery box sci fi drama that Dark was and stars some of the cast from that alongside some British and French actors. Hopefully the blending of English speaking and subs helps this find a bigger audience than Dark because Dark is one of the best shows ever made and this is a bit more of that by the looks of things so far.

14 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

We’ve started with 1899 on Netflix, the follow up from the guys who created Dark. It’s the same sort of twisty mystery box sci fi drama that Dark was and stars some of the cast from that alongside some British and French actors. Hopefully the blending of English speaking and subs helps this find a bigger audience than Dark because Dark is one of the best shows ever made and this is a bit more of that by the looks of things so far.

You've said Dark a lot there! "I think it was called The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down"

I like the look of this, its not a sequel is it? As I never finished Dark.

29 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Not just Johnny Lee Miller, Dominic West makes Charles come across far sexier than he should. 

I like how West didn't try and imitate Charles (apart from that weird mouth thing he does) but made it his own performance. 

Speaking of sexy, Olivia Williams as Camilla? Phwwwooooaaaaaar.