• Paid Members

I remember liking the ones that came out about 10 years ago, but I didn't watch them all. The trouble is those characters are so linked with the 90s. That type of idiotic metalhead doesn't really exist in the same way. Will give the new one a go though. 

I watched a lovely series on the iplayer this week. Martin Compstons Scottish Fling which is just the actor and his mate Phil MacHugh going up and down Scotland. Pretty simple concept.

Scotland is such a stunning country, which helps, but the people they meet are genuinely interesting. From drag queens, to a Syrian family who ended up one of the Western Isles and opened up a barbers, to going to see games developers in Dundee, its all great and the two hosts are clearly really good friends, and there are some really sweet moments. They even go and see ICW for you wrestling fans among us.

No idea why I put it on, as I wasn't really intending to watch it, but I'm glad I did, and in 2023 I think I'll make an effort to get up there, hopefully the western isles or the Highlands. 

Easy watch, well recommended. 

Wednesday might be the only Tim Burton thing I'm not allergic to, although the Paint It Black scene had my eye twinging. Not to be a goth gatekeeper but I hated his Hot Topic arse take on it, but this seems actually kind of cute.

It's totally down to the casting of Jenny Ortega though, she's perfect in the role unlike CZJ as her mum who's the worst Morticia.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Man vs Bee

I'm a sucker for anything Rowan Atkinson does. A very easy watch with relatively short chapters. It's Mr.Bean-esque daft slapstick. Apart from going toe to toe with the bee, there's a nice background element to it too as he tries to make money to go on holiday with his daughter etc. It won't win an oscar but it made me chuckle.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Man vs Bee

I'm a sucker for anything Rowan Atkinson does. A very easy watch with relatively short chapters. It's Mr.Bean-esque daft slapstick. Apart from going toe to toe with the bee, there's a nice background element to it too as he tries to make money to go on holiday with his daughter etc. It won't win an oscar but it made me chuckle.

I think with anybody else it could've been terrible, but Rowan Atkinson is so good at physical comedy he turns it into something surprisingly decent. 

Shout-out to today's Countdown contestant who gave the answer URANAGE, but pronounced it in the most English way possible, so that it sounded like something a mad lad on the book of faces does before a cheeky bit of poopage.

(He was corrected from Dictionary Corner by martial arts expert Richard Osman.)

• Paid Members

I'm massively late to the party, but I finally ended up watching The Wire for the first time over Christmas. Any free time I had was spent binge watching it. Such an incredible show with some amazing performances but digesting it all so quickly really left me feeling a bit down. It's really heavy stuff. 

Also, after 15 years of seeing and hearing people say 'Sheeeeeeeeeeiiit!", I finally know where it came from. 

Amazing TV. 

• Paid Members

I got a notification that Our Flag Means Death is on the iPlayer. I've heard a lot of good things about it from people in America. I'll possibly. Give it a watch when Seinfeld is done with, or take a break to get this watched first.