Paid Members gmoney Posted December 23, 2022 Paid Members Posted December 23, 2022 I remember liking the ones that came out about 10 years ago, but I didn't watch them all. The trouble is those characters are so linked with the 90s. That type of idiotic metalhead doesn't really exist in the same way. Will give the new one a go though. Quote
Merzbow Posted December 23, 2022 Posted December 23, 2022 They exist but they wear FFDP or Sabaton shirts now. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 23, 2022 Members Posted December 23, 2022 I watched a lovely series on the iplayer this week. Martin Compstons Scottish Fling which is just the actor and his mate Phil MacHugh going up and down Scotland. Pretty simple concept. Scotland is such a stunning country, which helps, but the people they meet are genuinely interesting. From drag queens, to a Syrian family who ended up one of the Western Isles and opened up a barbers, to going to see games developers in Dundee, its all great and the two hosts are clearly really good friends, and there are some really sweet moments. They even go and see ICW for you wrestling fans among us. No idea why I put it on, as I wasn't really intending to watch it, but I'm glad I did, and in 2023 I think I'll make an effort to get up there, hopefully the western isles or the Highlands. Easy watch, well recommended. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 26, 2022 Members Posted December 26, 2022 Detectorists was note perfect, with a lovely nod, and an ending that had in me in a few tears. I love that show so much, and that was the perfect send off. Quote
Merzbow Posted December 27, 2022 Posted December 27, 2022 (edited) Wednesday might be the only Tim Burton thing I'm not allergic to, although the Paint It Black scene had my eye twinging. Not to be a goth gatekeeper but I hated his Hot Topic arse take on it, but this seems actually kind of cute. It's totally down to the casting of Jenny Ortega though, she's perfect in the role unlike CZJ as her mum who's the worst Morticia. Edited December 27, 2022 by Merzbow Quote
Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted December 29, 2022 Paid Members Posted December 29, 2022 Man vs Bee I'm a sucker for anything Rowan Atkinson does. A very easy watch with relatively short chapters. It's Mr.Bean-esque daft slapstick. Apart from going toe to toe with the bee, there's a nice background element to it too as he tries to make money to go on holiday with his daughter etc. It won't win an oscar but it made me chuckle. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted December 29, 2022 Paid Members Posted December 29, 2022 3 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said: Man vs Bee I'm a sucker for anything Rowan Atkinson does. A very easy watch with relatively short chapters. It's Mr.Bean-esque daft slapstick. Apart from going toe to toe with the bee, there's a nice background element to it too as he tries to make money to go on holiday with his daughter etc. It won't win an oscar but it made me chuckle. I think with anybody else it could've been terrible, but Rowan Atkinson is so good at physical comedy he turns it into something surprisingly decent. Quote
Guest Posted January 3, 2023 Posted January 3, 2023 Shout-out to today's Countdown contestant who gave the answer URANAGE, but pronounced it in the most English way possible, so that it sounded like something a mad lad on the book of faces does before a cheeky bit of poopage. (He was corrected from Dictionary Corner by martial arts expert Richard Osman.) Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted January 3, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 3, 2023 that and Only Connect have a wrestling question recently make it a good couple of weeks for the intellectual grapple enjoyer. Quote
s279 Posted January 3, 2023 Posted January 3, 2023 This was the Only Connect one from last night (sequences round). Spoiler Capitol ... Corporation Spoiler World Wide ... Federation Spoiler World ... Federation They didn't get it. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted January 3, 2023 Posted January 3, 2023 Riley and Osman in the same studio? Fucking hell, Al Qaeda, that was your chance. Quote
Paid Members Bus Surfer Posted January 3, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 3, 2023 I'm massively late to the party, but I finally ended up watching The Wire for the first time over Christmas. Any free time I had was spent binge watching it. Such an incredible show with some amazing performances but digesting it all so quickly really left me feeling a bit down. It's really heavy stuff. Also, after 15 years of seeing and hearing people say 'Sheeeeeeeeeeiiit!", I finally know where it came from. Amazing TV. Quote
Mikeymike83 Posted January 5, 2023 Posted January 5, 2023 So, I've just found out about Letterkenny. Not too far behind (11 seasons!) with the programme. Gotta say, I love it. The word play/script is brilliant in it. Hard yes! Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted January 5, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 5, 2023 I got a notification that Our Flag Means Death is on the iPlayer. I've heard a lot of good things about it from people in America. I'll possibly. Give it a watch when Seinfeld is done with, or take a break to get this watched first. Quote
Factotum Posted January 5, 2023 Posted January 5, 2023 MR INBETWEEN Woah, this is one I've slept in but saw a lot of people online saying its brilliant now that it is on Disney+. My word I wasn't disappointed. Highly recommend. This has rocketed up to one of my favourite ever shows Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.