• Paid Members
6 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Thankfully Schumer wasn’t in it as much as Delevigne so wasn’t anywhere near as annoying. 

To the point where I wonder why she was in it at all. She wasn't even as funny as Sting - imagine that.

I also watched Life And Beth, starring Amy Schumer and Michael Cera.  I thought it was good, Michael Rapaport was ace in this as well as in OMITB. Speaking of which, the scenes with Martin Short and Nathan Lane were a particular highlight for me, such a wonderful show. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, scratchdj said:

The YouTube shows they did over a decade ago remain some of my favourite pieces of content, so I’m all over a full TV series. I’ve only seen episode 1 so far, but laughed throughout. Top stuff.

Time is bloody great, one of my favourite YouTube videos of all time. The alarm clock brings on anxiety. 

8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

She’s awful but she isn’t quite on Gal Gadots level for me, Clive. 

Absolutely horrible person, and that's before you take into account fucking Imagine.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Speaking of which, the scenes with Martin Short and Nathan Lane were a particular highlight for me, such a wonderful show. 

Their first scene in the lift when Lane says he's going to fuck him was the best scene of the series. Laughed my arse off.

• Paid Members

Martin Short was just incredible throughout. Not to downplay how good Steve Martin is, but he should have got the lead actor Emmy for that. Given that the next series looks to be set in the theatre world, I'm looking forward to them delving more into his backstory the way they did Steve Martin's in series 2.

Yeah Martin Short might just be the funniest person alive. Superb.

Watched THE BEAR in one go yesterday. Pleased to say it lived up to the hype. A few episodes play like a Safdie Brothers film, and you can see the influences all over. Thoroughly good stuff with a really good lead performance that isn't 'arsehole chef' which I feared it might be.

• Paid Members

I'm hoping that they give Theo a bigger role in series 3 of OMITB. His episode where he went to Coney Island with Mabel was my favourite of the series and the episode in the first series where it was played from his POV almost in silence was awesome. He's a great character who they've also used really sensitively.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 12:10 PM, Mr_Danger said:

I jumped ahead on The Old Man. Jeff Bridges the younger is a great Jeff Bridges, those flashbacks are fantastic. The fight at the end of episode 1 was brilliant. I noticed Jon Watt directed those first two episodes, it’s time he took a step away from Marvel I think.

Not Jon Lithgow is also a tremendous Jon Lithgow! I just watched the first four episodes in a row and I'm properly loving it. 

On 8/6/2022 at 1:17 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

I've nearly finished King of the Hill! Just two episodes left. How long's it taken me? I think I started early last year. The final series has been a reasonable step up as well, which is good.

What did you make of the finale in the end?

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

What did you make of the finale in the end?

Great! Much different from what you normally get from any long-running series, just quiet and normal and subtle. A lot of shows could learn from it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Gangs of London season 2 was still absolute trash, but again the action was so good it was worth persevering with the "acting".

Spoiler

Joe Cole's somehow gotten even worse since the first season. He seems to swing from being Harry Potter to a drunk Joker and back mid-sentence. What was he going for when he was strangling his mum in the finale? If it was doing an impression of a beaver about to sneeze, then fair play, it was spot-on.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Gangs of London season 2 was still absolute trash, but again the action was so good it was worth persevering with the "acting".

Reveal hidden contents

Joe Cole's somehow gotten even worse since the first season. He seems to swing from being Harry Potter to a drunk Joker and back mid-sentence. What was he going for when he was strangling his mum in the finale? If it was doing an impression of a beaver about to sneeze, then fair play, it was spot-on.

I was made to sit through the first and other then some well directed action scenes (per Gareth Evans) the thing that stood out the most was how shit Joe Cole was in a leading role. To the point I wondered if ex footballer Joe Cole would have been better in the role. I’ve kept it quiet that season 2 has started so the wife doesn’t start us watching it.