• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Atlanta is back for its last series and once again it’s opened with a couple of great episodes. It’s not screening in the UK yet so I won’t go in to details but my god that second episode is some epic story telling.

It’s been on Disney+ for a few weeks. I watched the first 3 this weekend and have thought they were top notch thus far. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It’s been on Disney+ for a few weeks. I watched the first 3 this weekend and have thought they were top notch thus far. 

That's season 3. Season 4 has just started. The first episode was mad surreal brilliance. Atlanta is just on another level to anything else.

• Paid Members

Heartbreak High is a fantastic piece of casting, acting, writing writing and production and deserves to be amongst the award nominations. 

Chloe Hayden being Autistic and being able to play a character so true to hers and many others diagnosis and not watered down or done for comedy (Bazinga) is something amazing as well.

I realise it's probably not on many people's watch list here but if you have seen Sex Education, Euphoria or Heartstopper in recent years and enjoyed it I would absolutely recommend checking it out on Netflix.

Not sure if there’s still a live Walking Dead thread on here, but I’ve seen the next 2 episodes of the final 8 (first one due to be released on Disney+ tomorrow).

They’re definitely ramping up the action, to the final act, and these next 2 episodes are very good for those that have stuck with the story.

• Paid Members

Finished the second series of Only Murders in the Building. Not quite up to the standard of the first one and Amy Schumer and Cara Delevigngnegne are predictable duds. Finishes very strongly though and there are some really nicely written relationships in there. Reckon the third one has a shot at being the best yet if they can build on those.

7 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Genuinely one of the least talented and unlikable actresses out there

She’s awful but she isn’t quite on Gal Gadots level for me, Clive. 

Ghosts continues to be the most likeable and warm comedy the bbc have shown since Detectorists. 

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Amy Schumer and Cara Delevigngnegne are predictable duds.

I thought Schumer actually worked in the small doses she was in. Bang on about Delelelelelelvigne. Fucking hell, she nearly derailed it.

THE OLD MAN 2 episodes in and Jeff Bridges walking around with dogs and getting violent is always welcome. The casting of the younger him is utterly amazing. Looking forward to the rest of it

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I was somewhat surprised (but also mega-excited) to find they’ve made a whole series of Don’t Hug Me, I’m Scared.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/dont-hug-me-im-scared?cntsrc=social_share_ios_dont_hug_me_im_scared

The YouTube shows they did over a decade ago remain some of my favourite pieces of content, so I’m all over a full TV series. I’ve only seen episode 1 so far, but laughed throughout. Top stuff.

There’s a couple of characters in episode 3 that will haunt me for a long time.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Amy Schumer and Cara Delevigngnegne are predictable duds

Thankfully Schumer wasn’t in it as much as Delevigne so wasn’t anywhere near as annoying. Delevigne just dragged down every scene she was in imo. It was a very enjoyable season other than that. 

• Paid Members

Atlanta season 4 is 4 episodes in and absolutely firing on all cylinders. Just sitting their quietly being the best thing on TV right now by a massive margin. The writing, performances and direction are just spectacular. Going to really miss it when it's gone.

Edited by LaGoosh

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Atlanta season 4 is 4 episodes in and absolutely firing on all cylinders. Just sitting their quietly being the best thing on TV right now by a massive margin. The writing, performances and direction are just spectacular. Going to really miss it when it's gone.

Same, there’s nothing else like it. The surrealism is never off putting like it can be and it never derails it. I don’t think there’s a single episode long subplot that I wouldn’t mind seeing as a stand alone episode. Clay Davis buying a hat? I’ll take 30 minutes of that shit please.

I jumped ahead on The Old Man. Jeff Bridges the younger is a great Jeff Bridges, those flashbacks are fantastic. The fight at the end of episode 1 was brilliant. I noticed Jon Watt directed those first two episodes, it’s time he took a step away from Marvel I think.