Every now and then I’ll rewatch the mushroom bit from the Hannibal series just to reaffirm that it’s one of the most disgusting things ever imagined. I bloody loved the show but a lot of that comes from it feeling like Bryan Fuller smuggled some erotic high art on to the telly disguised as a mainstream show. That and Mads.

Edited by Mr_Danger

Season 3 of Hannibal is easily my favourite, but then I've always had a thing for directors who just go "fuck it" and make exactly what they want with little regard for the TV stations showing their show. It's not exactly visionary like The Return but it's such a beautiful mess.

Has there been any news on Noah Hawley's Alien? After how he handled Legion and made it unlike any comic adaptation ever I'm super interested in his take on the Alien franchise, hoping it's batshit and completely divides the fans.

• Paid Members

Detective Harry Bosch wouldn't approve of such an arrangement. I'm just an enthusiastic fan. I'm up to series 4 and each series has got progressively better, with pleasing cameos (Matthew Lillard, Clark Johnson). I'd urge anyone into police procedurals to give it a go, despite AC being Bs. 

I nearly watched Bosch when it first come to Prime back in the days they had Man in the High Castle and nothing else. In addition to having a great name I’ve enjoyed Titus Welliver in Lost and Deadwood but the thought of watching a police procedural with him as the lead isn’t too appealing.

Westworld finished and I’m still none the fucking wiser to what’s going on. It’s always been at its best when it’s presented as a game so if they manage to blag the network to let them have another series I’ll be interested to see what they do with it but I won’t pretend to know what’s real and what’s not and if anyone is a fucking human anymore. Fair play to them on keeping Ed Harris and Tessa Thompson on board for so long.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

I nearly watched Bosch when it first come to Prime back in the days they had Man in the High Castle and nothing else. In addition to having a great name I’ve enjoyed Titus Welliver in Lost and Deadwood but the thought of watching a police procedural with him as the lead isn’t too appealing.

Honestly, give it a go. It's an odd performance, but I've grown to love it. 

31 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Honestly, give it a go. It's an odd performance, but I've grown to love it. 

Really? I thought you may have mentioned that!  I was going to give it a go but my iPad is too old to support the app so I can’t watch it in bed. 

Bosch is absolutely top drawer, undoubtedly the best thing Amazon have made IMO.  It's beautifully written, acted and directed.  In many respects it reminds me of The Wire, with its long-form cases, understated scripts and slow pace.  It really rewards the viewer.  Plus Bosch's musical taste is absolutely impeccable, I've bought quite a lot of what he listens to off the back of the show.