1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

As I have (temporary) access to a family member's Paramount Plus account, I have taken it upon myself to re-watch loads of Cheers episodes.

They're also on All 4 (with ads of course).

Finally finished Veep. The writing was spot on throughout and immensely enjoyable. I did feel though for the last two seasons they really ramped up the horrible aspects of everyone personality to the point they became pastiche. They were all horrible bastards anyway, it was always “Show, don’t tell” but towards the end they forgot that. 

Kent and Ben were the best characters, loved how they bounced off each other. Gary Cole and Kevin Dunn don’t let you down. 

5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Finally finished Veep. The writing was spot on throughout and immensely enjoyable. I did feel though for the last two seasons they really ramped up the horrible aspects of everyone personality to the point they became pastiche. They were all horrible bastards anyway, it was always “Show, don’t tell” but towards the end they forgot that. 

Kent and Ben were the best characters, loved how they bounced off each other. Gary Cole and Kevin Dunn don’t let you down. 

One of those weird shows where I absolutely loved watching it when it was on. Then I'd completely forget about it. It's a top notch show but nothing I'd ever really want to go back and re-watch or anything.

22 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I did feel though for the last two seasons they really ramped up the horrible aspects of everyone personality to the point they became pastiche. They were all horrible bastards anyway, it was always “Show, don’t tell” but towards the end they forgot that. 

You could tell it got taken on by a new Show Runner.

12 minutes ago, Factotum said:

You could tell it got taken on by a new Show Runner.

Absolutely! It’s jarring  

Sad news. Although going out while the quality is still high. 

Such a wonderful warm show. It’s top tier of BBC comedy for me, Clive. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

This finished yesterday if anyone wants to catch up. I thought it was pretty great all things considered.

I'd forgotten about this, cheers for the reminder!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Adam Scott was so good this series, I always liked him enough but it's as good a performance from him as I can remember.

He's a really good actor, he was excellent in Severance recently.