Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
41 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Maybe Always Sunny as I hear that's a good show. Is that Fargo series any good?

Both are excellent.

Skip season 1 of It's Always Sunny though, it's pretty terrible, it'll put you off watching it and you don't need it to enjoy the show going forwards. Season 2 is a significant increase in quality and where the show starts to find itself.

Fargo is one of my favourites I think, though season 4 wasn't as good as the previous 3. Tremendous dialogue and performances. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 minutes ago, Factotum said:

David Thewlis in Season 3 of FARGO is just utterly tremendous.

At the time I remember a lot of people thought season 3 wasn't as good as the first two. I can understand the opinion, season 3 has significantly less action than the first two. However I actually think it's probably the best season. Gloria Burgle (played by the always excellent Carrie Coon) is a brilliantly sympathetic and admirable protagonist and David Thewliss puts in an all time performance as VM Varga, who I think is one of the most fascinating, interesting and original villains I've seen in any story that I can think of. The themes running throughout bubbling under the surface of the main story had me absolutely hooked.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Both are excellent.

Skip season 1 of It's Always Sunny though, it's pretty terrible, it'll put you off watching it and you don't need it to enjoy the show going forwards. Season 2 is a significant increase in quality and where the show starts to find itself.

Fargo is one of my favourites I think, though season 4 wasn't as good as the previous 3. Tremendous dialogue and performances. 

I'd always recommend watching 1 episode of It's Always Sunny Series 1, just to get the characters going forwards. 

Posted

I went to watch the Always Sunny podcast recording on Sunday, they did a little best of with lots of clips. The one where Dee and Denise go on welfare was one of the clips, I think that one is from the first season and is a great episode

Posted
27 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I went to watch the Always Sunny podcast recording on Sunday, they did a little best of with lots of clips. The one where Dee and Denise go on welfare was one of the clips, I think that one is from the first season and is a great episode

That’s season two. 
 

I always skip season one when rewatching. You need Danny Devito for full enjoyment. 

  • Members
Posted
5 hours ago, deathrey said:

I went to watch the Always Sunny podcast recording on Sunday, they did a little best of with lots of clips. The one where Dee and Denise go on welfare was one of the clips, I think that one is from the first season and is a great episode

The footage I saw of Glenn and Kaitlin singing "Tiny Boy, Baby Boy" and Rob having a catch with CHASE UTLEY made me so jealous.

Rob giving everyone an ocular pardon as well. I can't believe I missed it.

Posted
7 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The footage I saw of Glenn and Kaitlin singing "Tiny Boy, Baby Boy" and Rob having a catch with CHASE UTLEY made me so jealous.

Rob giving everyone an ocular pardon as well. I can't believe I missed it.

 

Honestly, it was really great! If they come back (which I think they will) I highly recommend going, though getting tickets was hard, they sold out incredibly fast. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...