On 7/13/2022 at 4:53 PM, DavidB6937 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2022/tv/news/black-mirror-season-6-cast-1235314901/amp/

‘Black Mirror’ Cast Revealed: Aaron Paul, Josh Hartnett, Paapa Essiedu, Kate Mara and Zazie Beetz Join New Season

Forgot this was even happening. Always intriguing although I find it a bit more hit and miss as it goes on.

Been a fucking while but finally..

Edited by DavidB6937

14 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Been shit ever since it left Channel 4 but I’ll watch it regardless, so they’ve won.

Cunts

Fair enough hate watching something when you’ve invested in to an ongoing story or characters but there’s literally none of that with Black Mirror. Save yourself 8 hours or whatever and watch more wrestling or Walking Dead or something. At least justify the misery!

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Been shit ever since it left Channel 4

It's been exactly the same. Veering wildly between mildly brilliant and quite shit. The best episode (San Junipero) was made in the Netflix era. It's an anthology series, this is what you generally get.

• Paid Members
On 1/5/2023 at 1:35 PM, Silky Kisser said:

Is Season 1 of Always Sunny in Philidelphia considered a hard watch which gets better over time? I've read nothing but good stuff on here over the years. 

I've watched about 6 episodes of season 1 and I understand that they're meant to be repugnant pricks but I'm finding it hard to want to watch such a group of characters. 

So after 3 months we've just finished season 3 and things have picked up quite a lot and I am starting to enjoy it somewhat. Most people seem to say this happens right as Frank appears in Season 2, but I really didn't see it until early season 3. At this point it's nowhere near as funny as something like the Office or even Brooklyn 99, but there's still like 12 seasons to go so plenty of time to get there. 

One thing I absolutely detest though is the inevitable argument that happens most episodes which results in the 4 of them screeching and shouting at the top of their voices to insanity driving levels. I do have a bit of a noise sensitivity but I'm constantly reaching for the remote to knock it down before my ears start to bleed.

1 hour ago, Silky Kisser said:

Most people seem to say this happens right as Frank appears in Season 2, but I really didn't see it until early season 3.

Yeah, I would say that when Frank initially comes in, he is a very different character than later on. 

Similar to the gang members in that respect.

When he embraces the chaotic lifestyle is When he really comes into his own.

Finished the third series of American Horror Story. I have an interest in Voodoo and creole culture so was really interested in this. Thought it was a solid series made all the better by Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett. Such was the strength of Bates’s acting, she made me feel sorry for a racist murderer and torturer in one scene. 

Thought their Papa Legba was more Baron Samedi but it was Lance Reddick playing him so that made it alright!

I never want Succession to end. Every character is knocking it out of the park with how I’d expect them to behave in each of their situations. Kudos to Alexander Skarsgard for managing to be a bigger twat than a gaggle of already massive twats. 

Edited by Mr_Danger