I’m on season 5 of American Horror Story now. Wasn’t a fan of Freakshow, it was well acted but I just didn’t feel it like the others. This one has Lady Gaga chewing up the scenery as some head vampire so hopefully it’ll have more Kathy Bates and Chloe Sevigny. Denis O’Hare is his usual ace self too!

Powered through Colin From Accounts in a couple of days on the iPlayer. Just a really easy watch with good characters and a great dog. iPlayer is great for picking up these 25 minute shows from abroad, hopefully we get series 3 of Dave soon.

38 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Shouldn't be too long I would imagine, but it's in all the usual places if you can't wait.

The lovely Chloe Bennet is in this series.

I assumed it wasn’t out yet because I haven’t heard Andrew Santino plugging it on his Bad Friends podcast. With it being FX it might pop up on Disney+. Just glad to have a third instalment as I thought they had a pretty good ending with series 2. 

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

How has the second season been? Absolutely loved the first but haven't been able to watch the second as it moved to Paramount.

I think I've preferred the first series, but it's still better than most other shows and it's allowed some excellent character development. 

It suffers a little from "this was only written to be a single season long" syndrome but they've managed to make a very solid second despite that, it'll rip your heart out and/or make you feel a little sick at times, good dark fun.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Muppets Mayhem is the best TV series the Muppets have produced since the original and it's amazing. After so many failed attempts at figuring out how to make a muppet series work they finally managed to capture some magic. No cameos outstay their welcome (most are popping up for less than 20 seconds) and any series where the Electric Mayhem decide to record a mumble rap version of Rockin Robin to stay relevent is an instant win. 

• Paid Members

Watched the first season of the War of the Worlds (whichever one is on Disney+), it was mince but I thought it'd maybe get better when they move on to a threat more interesting than robot dogs. I started the second season and... LOL, now the main threat is humans that are alien on the inside. I'm out.

The first episode of Silo was really good, I immediately love the world they've built and the premise. My brain's been throwing around theories already and it's been ages since a show has done that. Hopefully it can keep it up.

Also, fire in the hole!

I can't wait.

Has anyone watched Outlander? Have watched the first season as the other half was watching it, and have got into it myself. Pretty good performances, solid characters and story, and some beautiful backdrops, which must have come with a solid budget. As with every other time travel themed story, does it eventually get lost in a confusing mess of plots, or does it carry on being good? 

Taskmaster continues to be outstanding, too!