Bootleg I think. I tried finding that and American Gothic a few years ago but couldn’t get a consistent run of episodes via the firestick. A quick google tells me that it’s a music licensing thing with Northern Exposure. I could have swore it was on one of the sites at some point.

• Paid Members

Latest episode of Succession is one of the most incredible hours of television I've ever seen. Absolutely breath taking. The writing, direction and particularly the acting...I genuinely can't think of anything that surpasses it.

Edited by LaGoosh

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Latest episode of Succession is one of the most incredible hours of television I've ever seen. Absolutely breath taking. The writing, direction and particularly the acting...I genuinely can't think of anything that surpasses it.

Certainly will be mentioned in the same breath as the utter classics from other TV shows. Everyone was superb

Fucks sake, an account I follow on Twitter (Shirts that go hard) covered over a Succession spoiler, which was very considerate, but then linked where to buy it in the next tweet and it had the name of the shirt visible. Mind you, I am a season behind so will probably forget it by the time I catch up. 

Speaking of watching current TV shows. I’ve started American Horror Story. Coming to the end of the second one, which is excellent. Jessica Lange, James Cromwell, Sarah Paulson, and the one playing the young nun are superb. 

On 4/6/2023 at 11:41 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

I’m a bit of a Steven Yeun fanboy so naturally I was going to watch Beef when it arrived on Netflix today.

I just finished it and it’s tons of fun, I’d highly recommend watching it.

Can only echo what's said here, a fantastic show and Yeun and Wong in the lead roles were brilliant, greatly complimenting each other.

Cracking choice of songs as well, bit of Limp Bizkit, Yeun singing an Incubus song and at the end of one episode, a bloody Keane song that I unexpectedly got emotional to. 

A really fun watch.

Only one tiny criticism. @Lokiwas it yourself that spoke about dubbed dialogue in post production recently? 

Never noticed it before but there were some really glaring examples in this show which threw me a bit. Minor quibble though.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members
On 4/18/2023 at 11:07 AM, Factotum said:

BARRY Hader has finally gone in on all the Lynch stuff he teased last season. It really is a brilliant mix of Coen Brothers/Lynchian tone. I love that show and Hader should be allowed to do whatever the hell he wants when he makes the jump to film

Watched the first 2 episodes of season 4 last night and was pretty blown away by them. Hader is an incredible performer/director. I'd love to see him do a horror movie one day. Who knew that in two short scenes Sally's mother would somehow be one of the evil people I've ever seen in a TV show? Each character just seems to be living in their own personal hell and I can't get enough. An amazing mix of very dark and very silly in this show, there's nothing like it.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Watched the first 2 episodes of season 4 last night and was pretty blown away by them. Hader is an incredible performer/director. I'd love to see him do a horror movie one day. Who knew that in two short scenes Sally's mother would somehow be one of the evil people I've ever seen in a TV show? Each character just seems to be living in their own personal hell and I can't get enough. An amazing mix of very dark and very silly in this show, there's nothing like it.

Just to add in NoHo Hank is one of the finest TV Characters to be created in the last decade.

• Paid Members

Got the final season of Brooklyn 99 binged on Netflix last night. The final Doug Judy episode was cool. A lot of really great episodes dealing with police reform etc, and ending with a Heist was truly going out on a high because everybody loved those episodes. Definitely something I'll come back to watch another time. I'll have t try and get up to date with either Archer or Bob's Burgers next. Maybe Always Sunny as I hear that's a good show. Is that Fargo series any good?

Edited by jazzygeofferz