Merzbow Posted May 2, 2023 Posted May 2, 2023 Rain Dogs is pretty great, isn't it? It's deathly bleak but also one of the funniest things I've seen in so long. Quote
Paid Members Nexus Posted May 2, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2023 20 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Rain Dogs is pretty great, isn't it? It's deathly bleak but also one of the funniest things I've seen in so long. I really enjoyed it. Another one of those shows where no-one is particularly likeable, but it was very well written. Quote
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted May 2, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2023 How about that most recent episode of Barry though Spoiler Fucking hell Quote
Merzbow Posted May 2, 2023 Posted May 2, 2023 8 minutes ago, Nexus said: I really enjoyed it. Another one of those shows where no-one is particularly likeable, but it was very well written. I dunno, I loved wanking pervert Ade Edmondson. Quote
Paid Members Nexus Posted May 2, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2023 7 minutes ago, Merzbow said: I dunno, I loved wanking pervert Ade Edmondson. Good point well made. I quite liked Selby too, but he was an utter prick. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted May 2, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2023 2 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said: How about that most recent episode of Barry though Hide contents Fucking hell Spoiler Absolutely didn’t see that coming. King of the heel turn is Noho, especially after raving about his joy only weeks ago. Quote
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted May 2, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2023 46 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Reveal hidden contents Absolutely didn’t see that coming. King of the heel turn is Noho, especially after raving about his joy only weeks ago. Spoiler Noho hank actor should get an emmy for that episode. Loved the bit with Sally and the director as well. The ending, fantasy sequence or flash forward? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted May 3, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2023 1 hour ago, Bellenda Carlisle said: Reveal hidden contents Noho hank actor should get an emmy for that episode. Loved the bit with Sally and the director as well. The ending, fantasy sequence or flash forward? Spoiler Gut said fantasy, but with Barry it’s always hard to tell. He did look under, but again could be a red herring. Either way, we’re in for a great last few episodes Quote
Dai Posted May 3, 2023 Posted May 3, 2023 Browsing on Rotten Tomatoes and I see that the US version of Ghosts is already finishing it's second full season. Is anyone keeping up to date with it? If so, is it worth a watch? Could do with a good new 20 minute comedy. Speaking of Ghosts, I finished the first season of Yonderland. Nowhere near as good as what they would go on to do with Ghosts, but just enough there to make me keep watching. The new series of Taskmaster has been excellent as well. I had reservations about how Frankie Boyle would be on there, but he's tremendous. Mae and Kiell are the MVPs though, both are fantastic. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 3, 2023 Posted May 3, 2023 Personally I hated the US Ghosts and couldn't make it through a couple of episodes. But I've seen some people say they prefer it to the UK one. I think they're mad but that would suggest it's worth a try at least. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 3, 2023 Members Posted May 3, 2023 2 hours ago, Dai said: Mae and Kiell are the MVPs though, both are fantastic. Aka the love of my life. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted May 3, 2023 Awards Moderator Posted May 3, 2023 2 hours ago, Dai said: Browsing on Rotten Tomatoes and I see that the US version of Ghosts is already finishing it's second full season. Is anyone keeping up to date with it? If so, is it worth a watch? Could do with a good new 20 minute comedy. Speaking of Ghosts, I finished the first season of Yonderland. Nowhere near as good as what they would go on to do with Ghosts, but just enough there to make me keep watching. The new series of Taskmaster has been excellent as well. I had reservations about how Frankie Boyle would be on there, but he's tremendous. Mae and Kiell are the MVPs though, both are fantastic. The first season of US Ghosts is on iPlayer. I like it. The different style of comedy to British Ghosts takes an episode or two to settle in but it’s definitely one of the better US sitcoms of recent times. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 3, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2023 2 hours ago, Dai said: The new series of Taskmaster has been excellent as well. I had reservations about how Frankie Boyle would be on there, but he's tremendous. Mae and Kiell are the MVPs though, both are fantastic. If you haven't seen them already the cast interviews and outtakes on YouTube are a bonus delight. In the last few series though, the extended outtake of Chris Ramsey getting smashed on the end of his nose by a cement mixer driven sausage still takes some beating. Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted May 8, 2023 Posted May 8, 2023 Finished Sanctuary on Netflix over the weekend and it’s a great show with a great lead, never thought I’d ever be interested in a Sumo Wrestling drama but it really is something special. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 12, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 12, 2023 https://www.vulture.com/2023/02/justified-spinoff-city-primeval-timothy-olyphant-details.html Justified is coming back for a limited series. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.