• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Rain Dogs is pretty great, isn't it? It's deathly bleak but also one of the funniest things I've seen in so long.

I really enjoyed it. Another one of those shows where no-one is particularly likeable, but it was very well written. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

How about that most recent episode of Barry though 

Hide contents

Fucking hell 

Spoiler

Absolutely didn’t see that coming. King of the heel turn is Noho, especially after raving about his joy only weeks ago.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Absolutely didn’t see that coming. King of the heel turn is Noho, especially after raving about his joy only weeks ago.

Spoiler

Noho hank actor should get an emmy for that episode. Loved the bit with Sally and the director as well. The ending, fantasy sequence or flash forward? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Reveal hidden contents

Noho hank actor should get an emmy for that episode. Loved the bit with Sally and the director as well. The ending, fantasy sequence or flash forward? 

Spoiler

Gut said fantasy, but with Barry it’s always hard to tell. He did look under, but again could be a red herring. Either way, we’re in for a great last few episodes 

Browsing on Rotten Tomatoes and I see that the US version of Ghosts is already finishing it's second full season. Is anyone keeping up to date with it? If so, is it worth a watch? Could do with a good new 20 minute comedy. 

Speaking of Ghosts, I finished the first season of Yonderland. Nowhere near as good as what they would go on to do with Ghosts, but just enough there to make me keep watching.

The new series of Taskmaster has been excellent as well. I had reservations about how Frankie Boyle would be on there, but he's tremendous. Mae and Kiell are the MVPs though, both are fantastic.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Dai said:

Browsing on Rotten Tomatoes and I see that the US version of Ghosts is already finishing it's second full season. Is anyone keeping up to date with it? If so, is it worth a watch? Could do with a good new 20 minute comedy. 

Speaking of Ghosts, I finished the first season of Yonderland. Nowhere near as good as what they would go on to do with Ghosts, but just enough there to make me keep watching.

The new series of Taskmaster has been excellent as well. I had reservations about how Frankie Boyle would be on there, but he's tremendous. Mae and Kiell are the MVPs though, both are fantastic.

The first season of US Ghosts is on iPlayer. I like it. The different style of comedy to British Ghosts takes an episode or two to settle in but it’s definitely one of the better US sitcoms of recent times.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Dai said:

If you haven't seen them already the cast interviews and outtakes on YouTube are a bonus delight.

In the last few series though, the extended outtake of Chris Ramsey getting smashed on the end of his nose by a cement mixer driven sausage still takes some beating.