westlondonmist Posted May 24, 2023 Posted May 24, 2023 I loved the Day Today reference in the most recent episode of Inside no 9. I love things like that. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted May 24, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 24, 2023 The Sweeney is continuing to deliver. Great episode where John Thaw goes undercover for a month with an impregnable disguise of my grandpa's moustache and a cravat. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted May 24, 2023 Posted May 24, 2023 Just getting into Succession. Seems the hype is well placed.. Quote
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted May 28, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 28, 2023 Last ever episode of Barry tonight, fuck knows how they're going to wrap that up in half an hour. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 29, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 29, 2023 16 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said: Last ever episode of Barry tonight, fuck knows how they're going to wrap that up in half an hour. They do and it's excellent. Quote
RedRooster Posted May 29, 2023 Posted May 29, 2023 44 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: They do and it's excellent. I also thought it was tremendous. Coupled with the Succession finale, I’m not sure I’ve ever watched two more perfect conclusions back-to-back. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted May 29, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 29, 2023 That Succession finale did what I think we all hoped it would do. Spoiler None of the kids won. And while it was enjoyable enough, the better finale for me Barry was absolute perfection. Quote
RedRooster Posted May 30, 2023 Posted May 30, 2023 8 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: And while it was enjoyable enough, the better finale for me Barry was absolute perfection. I go back-and-forth on this, but the fact they managed to achieve so much in just half-an-hour is quite remarkable. Quote
Factotum Posted May 30, 2023 Posted May 30, 2023 I thought BARRY was satisfying but the end went on a little too long. I liked the point of the end though. Succession is just elite. Jeremy Strong has added Kendall to the TV character greats. I'm looking forward to rewatching the whole thing at some point as it's such a rewatchable TV show (watched the finale twice) Hats off to all involved. One of the true great satires of our time. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 30, 2023 Members Posted May 30, 2023 I am aware its brilliant and I will watch it, but I cannot wait for people to shut up about Succession. It's at the level where I'm almost put off watching it. It's bloody everywhere. I am sure that Bryan Roy > Kendall Roy In other news, rejoice as a new series of I Think You Should Leave arrived today on Netflix. Only watched the first episode but it took all of 5 seconds for me to full on belly laugh. The Spoiler Driving crooner sketch was the highlight of episode 1. So brilliant. I love Tim Robinson. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted May 30, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 30, 2023 1 hour ago, SuperBacon said: In other news, rejoice as a new series of I Think You Should Leave arrived today on Netflix. Only watched the first episode but it took all of 5 seconds for me to full on belly laugh. The Reveal hidden contents Driving crooner sketch was the highlight of episode 1. So brilliant. I love Tim Robinson. I’m just about to start episode 5! God knows how many times I’ll binge watch this season. My mate is dead into it too and sent me this for my Birthday this year. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 30, 2023 Members Posted May 30, 2023 6 minutes ago, FelatioLips said: I’m just about to start episode 5! God knows how many times I’ll binge watch this season. My mate is dead into it too and sent me this for my Birthday this year. That is amazing. What a real piece of shit your friend must be too Also, are you smoking crack nowadays? Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted May 30, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 30, 2023 33 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: That is amazing. What a real piece of shit your friend must be too Also, are you smoking crack nowadays? He used to be a piece of shit. Sadly not no I just have the canvas right next to my hob. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted May 31, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 31, 2023 That last Inside Number 9 episode took a HECK of a dark twist. One more series to go. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 31, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 31, 2023 Fantastic performance from both as well. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.