• Awards Moderator

Big Train is getting repeated (inexplicably) on BBC2 later this month.

Any more Mark Heap is always a good thing. Later on in that thread someone shared this cast / crew photo:

EDIT: balls. I'd forgotten it was a Linehan project. It was always about the cast for me. Soz and all that.

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

EDIT: balls. I'd forgotten it was a Linehan project. It was always about the cast for me. Soz and all that.

In fairness, I think it's still OK to enjoy Linehan's older work before whatever breakdown/radicalisation/brain swap he had happened. I'm not one for 'separate the art from the artist', but I'll be fucked if I'm letting his descent into madness prevent me from enjoying Father Ted. 

• Paid Members

The Fast Show has turned up on the iPlayer as well, and is apparently on BBC2 from next Friday. Also every episode of Red Dwarf is on there, including the episodes and specials made by and broadcast on Dave. I wonder whether that's something to do with the Grant/Naylor legal settlement. 

Also I didn't realise that Glinner wrote some of the Ted & Ralph stuff. Bugger. 

Anyway, I'm actually here because I was going to ask whether anybody else watched that new quiz show Puzzling on Channel 5 the other night. It feels a bit "I want Only Connect" "we have Only Connect at home". But it isn't too bad. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Also I didn't realise that Glinner wrote some of the Ted & Ralph stuff. Bugger. 

I think that was Arthur Matthews actually. Linehan wrote the I'm Ed Winchester sketches. 

• Paid Members

This is going to be the shittest show I'll watch every second of this year. Can you guess who the clown is?* I didn't realise until I read the info bit and now feel disappointed I couldn't instantly call it just from that thumbnail.

* Any replies of "you, for watching this" will be reported.

On 6/24/2023 at 8:43 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

Anyway, I'm actually here because I was going to ask whether anybody else watched that new quiz show Puzzling on Channel 5 the other night. It feels a bit "I want Only Connect" "we have Only Connect at home". But it isn't too bad. 

The only negative I had from it was that it seemed to be heavy on colour based things which being colourblind made it much harder. Wasn't expecting the maths round to be such a shitter as a particularly troublesome round to me.