On 7/18/2023 at 4:49 PM, SuperBacon said:

One of the teams was infuriatingly shit as well, which massively annoys me.

Another week, another infuriatingly shit Only Connect team! I need to stop watching this show, it can't be good to be this angry.

Also, started watching the new University Challenge series. 

Amol Rajan looks absolutely hilarious sat in that chair, and I don't know why they have framed it as such, and whether it's the chair or the desk but he looks silly.

I actually had to look up to see whether he was incredibly small or something (he's not, he's 5'10") so it's just a bizarre decision.

I once spent a Christmas day on my own and another time I walked 5 miles to the next town to get out of my house. There’s an episode half way through the second series of The Bear that has just reminded me why and it’s fucking brilliant. Definitely took it up a notch in this series.

7 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I once spent a Christmas day on my own and another time I walked 5 miles to the next town to get out of my house. There’s an episode half way through the second series of The Bear that has just reminded me why and it’s fucking brilliant. Definitely took it up a notch in this series.

Spoiler

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Spoiler

My brother turned in to this guy from the age of 13 onwards and there was a version of this scene every Christmas of the rest of his life. Triggered!

As a lighter aside, have the Batman nonces been clamouring for Jeremy Allen White to be Joker? He’s got mad Joker energy behind those eyes.

28 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

My brother turned in to this guy from the age of 13 onwards and there was a version of this scene every Christmas of the rest of his life. Triggered!

As a lighter aside, have the Batman nonces been clamouring for Jeremy Allen White to be Joker? He’s got mad Joker energy behind those eyes.

I wouldn't be surprised, that's a decent shout.

I have come to the conclusion that he is the fittest man in the world.

spacer.png

Yes Chef!

• Paid Members

Can’t take my eyes off his biceps every scene he’s in (not gay)

The first series was great but I wasn’t sure it lived up to the hype. The second series blew me away though, the dinner party episode and family and friends night in particular were such an intense but enjoyable watch. Hope we see more of Jamie Lee-Curtis in the third. 

53 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I actually thought she was the worst thing in that episode.

I mean she was definitely ACTING wasn't she? I loved the episode, but I felt the fact that it was such a stacked cast slightly took me out.

53 minutes ago, Factotum said:

FORKS from Season 2 in The Bear is an uplifting masterpiece. What a show

Richie is my favourite and I'll always root for him. He's a tragic figure and I think his story arc is the most interesting in Series 2. The performance is spot on.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I mean she was definitely ACTING wasn't she? I loved the episode, but I felt the fact that it was such a stacked cast slightly took me out.

1 hour ago, Factotum said:

I may have been looking too much in to it but I thought that was the point. She’s playing a total narcissist who was deliberately acting up, in a not very subtle way, to ensure absolutely everything was about her. The character isn’t genuine like Richie or Bear.  I’m sure we’ve all met one those arseholes that put on a performance that elicits an eye roll between everyone else in the room but you’ve got to play along with it or they turn it up even more. 

Edited by stumobir

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

My wife pointed out how much he looks like Gene Wilder and I can’t un-see it. 

It's the hair.