38 minutes ago, Boycie said:

It really was superb. I thought after watching it that it would be the perfect way to end the series, with everyone putting aside their differences and coming together at the end.

Season 4 should be interesting as they basically have to start again in terms of where the characters are. We can't have a season where everyone gets along surely?

Needs more Baby Billy's Bible Bonkers.

A 4th series? Surely not, it's ended perfectly.

Nathan Barley

Its amazing how this show accurately nailed 'culture' writers and their whole vibe 18 years ago, was well ahead of its time and is STILL ahead of its time now. Such a brilliant show. 

I'm quite happy they only made 6 episodes as it captured everything so well, but I'd love a one off show.

Also still fancy Claire Keelan big time, and today learned she is married to Simon Farnaby!

Now started The Mighty Boosh as only ever seen bits and bobs.

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Nathan Barley

Its amazing how this show accurately nailed 'culture' writers and their whole vibe 18 years ago, was well ahead of its time and is STILL ahead of its time now. Such a brilliant show. 

I'm quite happy they only made 6 episodes as it captured everything so well, but I'd love a one off show.

Also still fancy Claire Keelan big time, and today learned she is married to Simon Farnaby!

Ha, I was in Primark just the other day and was struck by how stunningly accurate this show was. Must be an age thing.

*Actually I was listening to one of those Twitter spaces when I made that realisation. Primark was my usual realisation that people are cunts.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Nathan Barley

Now started The Mighty Boosh as only ever seen bits and bobs.

I just started my first post uni job in a post production house in Soho when it first aired. Oh how the people there laughed at the absurdity of it and they would use the catchphrases from it, without realizing that they were actually characters from Nathan Barley. Tossers.

13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Congrats on being the first person I've ever known to listen to a Twitter Space :) Well Mexico.

I can’t say it was worth crossing the threshold of curiosity but it did feature a girl on a treadmill talking about Liverpool so there was that.

Finished Hijack. Can thoroughly recommend it. Seven episodes and done, so could easily be binged in a few days. Idris Elba is fantastic, and the story doesn't degenerate into a 24 tribute, which is a huge positive. 

Thanks for the Barry recommendations from everyone too, as I've just finished that too. Absolutely amazing stuff. Forgive me for not scrolling through the previous pages, but can someone explain the following 

Spoiler

The scene with Sally and the kid, with the man in black, the struggle behind the locked door and the car driving through the wall.

R.E Barry

Spoiler

I think it's just a very weird manifestation of her guilt / inner thoughts (yeah, standard copout answer).

Obviously we're meant to think it's the guy from earlier (and pretty sure he's played by the actor) but he's just representing "the darkness" that's now following her due to her actions / being with Barry. That's why he's like this shadow, dressed all in black, always at her back.

He's supposed to resemble the person she fucked over recerntly but once she's locked the door there's several lines that are the same as the hitman she kills at the end of I wanna say season 3? Something about "can't believe she shot me in the eye". It's all the bad things she's done; all the people who've been hurt in her and Barry's story.

Child dying I assume is her fear of the child she does love (in a neglectful alchoholic way) dying. The fact he dies in her fantasy as a result of her neglect and not the hitman exacting revenge is probably telling. She's as afraid of what she's become as she is afraid of Barry's past catching up with them.

The car crashing through the wall? I'm not sure. Maybe it's her "seeing the light". Or just some directoral flair. Or maybe a direct reference to something i've missed? Or maybe all three :D

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Dai said:

Finished Hijack. Can thoroughly recommend it. Seven episodes and done, so could easily be binged in a few days. Idris Elba is fantastic, and the story doesn't degenerate into a 24 tribute, which is a huge positive. 

Didn't think the

Spoiler

final scene on the plane after everyone had evacuated was needed, but otherwise agree that it was a decent thriller. 

Edited by Nexus