26 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I loved the episode, but I felt the fact that it was such a stacked cast slightly took me out.

I thought the same at first, I also thought it was too stagey. However, on a rewatch I really got it. Bob Odenkirk being basically Gene from Better Call Saul made me love it

• Moderators
On 7/22/2023 at 4:13 PM, SuperBacon said:

This was fantastic. Rained all day so binged the lot.

I honestly think the show deserves a wider audience, and Dave Burd plays this role (himself?) perfectly.

Lil Dicky gets a lot of flack from the rap community, but I'll be honest, I have zero interest in listening to his music outside this show, so I'm not really bothered by that side of things. 

There is also the added bonus of Chloe Bennet being in most of it.

Great shit.

Just back on this quickly as I've now finished it. Series was great overall but I felt the finale really missed the mark. Didn't really tie everything together in a satisfying way, which made the ending feel quite tacked on and some of the developments I would have liked to have seen were either rushed or completely omitted. 

Edited by Chest Rockwell

11 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Just back on this quickly as I've now finished it. Series was great overall but I felt the finale really missed the mark. Didn't really tie everything together in a satisfying way, which made the ending feel quite tacked on and some of the developments I would have liked to have seen were either rushed or completely omitted. 

Despite not being a fan, I would like a few episodes or even just one of Dave and 

Spoiler

Drake in Ghana. 

though. That might be fun.

Also I can't stop singing the Mr McAdams chorus.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Me and my wife just finished Veep. As a huge Alan Partridge fan I can't believe I held this off so long. So good, with brilliant character development, and as always with Armando Iannucci, it's the subtle, almost off camera moments that are the funniest.

On to The Thick of It and In the Loop now!

• Paid Members

Watched that Gregg Wallace thing about engineering human meat to try and beat the cost of living crisis. It's hard not to be entertained by how enthusiastically he presents it. 

My mum and I have also somehow ended up watching Hey Duggee. It's ridiculous how fun that show is. They could stick it on last thing at night for adults as well as during preschool time for the young 'uns. Just loop it overnight on BBC2 instead of rolling news. 

On 7/27/2023 at 5:15 PM, wordsfromlee said:

I'm a big fan of the fact that Faks is a chef in real life.

Never knew this and since you said this my Facebook feed is full of suggested posts and videos of him!!! They're listening.

spacer.png

So let's test it out further. Brie Larson spread eagled wearing a 1986 Hummel Denmark shirt. TIA. 

• Paid Members

Finished Traitors Australia this morning.

Spoiler

You have to feel for poor old Craig. You could hear the anguish in his voice as he voted for Nigel during Nigel's banishment, but at the very end when Alex gives him that little half smile and he realises that she's a traitor, that's the Ralph Wiggum "you can pinpoint the exact moment his heart breaks" meme played out in real life. It really was so sad. It was a good series.

As I mentioned before, the host was a great balance somewhere between Alan Cummings' sheer lunacy and Claudia Winkleman's faux Bond Villain schtick. I think it may be the one I've enjoyed the most.

My mum and I have been watching that One Question with Claudia Winkleman on Channel 4 (mum's a big fan) and the first episode had me a little annoyed at how tenuous the answer was to the one question. The second episode, however, had a question where there were technically two correct answers as well.

• Paid Members

Halfway through Twisted Metal. It's pretty mid, which is a minor miracle given what it's based on. There's been a couple of bits that were funny, it's always moving, lots of action. Samoa Joe's physical charisma in episode 5 is pretty impressive, he's actually good at this! Half hour episodes make it a pretty easy watch. All the ingredients for a guilty pleasure.

They need to be building up to a car battling tournament where the winner is granted a wish by the devil or whatever the games were about though. I'm all about that stupidity.