Anyone else watching Popmaster? I read on abother forum I frequent that it’s far more suited to a 3 or 4pm a lot and I can’t agree more. I enjoy it but it doesn’t seem like a night time quiz. Probably ingrained from years of morning play.

Actually it seems ideal for the old ITV 9:25 quiz slot they had before it went to chat shows 

Edited by Butch2000

• Paid Members

It doesn't feel Prime Time. It'd be cool maybe in that old 15 to 1 slot just before Countdown? 

Countdown is at 2:15 these days, there’s some god awful thing by Steph McGowan before it as well for 2 hours. Like a really really shit version of Mel and Sue’s Light Lunch (which was good value when I was on study leave for my GCSE’s).  

that used to be the fine way of the world. Sesame Street, Light Lunch, and old Matinee film, 15-1 then Countdown before Ricki Lake. I could never imagine a channel showing a Matinee now. Maybe BBC Two on a sport free weekend, but never daily Monday to Friday. Mind you, Channel Fpur used to be the best channel. Shit now

Light Lunch was brilliant, i was at college at the time and managed to watch it most days and bloody loved it and Mel & Sue. The it moved to 6pmish and became Late Lunch and lost it's appeal to me. 

Popmaster though, i've been watching it but it's not the same, i keep saying i'll skip the early rounds and just watch the original Popmaster bit at the end with my eyes closed, the way Ken intended.

Idris Elba's new show, Hijack, is off to a solid start in my opinion. Only 2 episodes in, but have enjoyed it alot, and its does a great job of putting you on edge for the entire episode. Some silly plot holes and some ropey characters (the Danny Dyer guy, Im looking at you) aside, theres more than enough for me to keep watching at the moment. I assume at some point Idris will just become Jack Bauer, which I assume is when the show goes off the rails, but for now Im enjoying it.

• Paid Members

The Silo finale was brilliant. One ridiculous theory I had paid off, many others WAY off and some (that the Cloverfield monster did it) yet to be decided. I love this shit. My fate being in the hands of book paedos for the next year or so, minimum, has me uneasy. There's some stuff I'm a little confused on but not a fucking chance I'm typing "Silo" anything into a search bar!

• Awards Moderator
7 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

The Silo finale was brilliant. One ridiculous theory I had paid off, many others WAY off and some (that the Cloverfield monster did it) yet to be decided. I love this shit. My fate being in the hands of book paedos for the next year or so, minimum, has me uneasy. There's some stuff I'm a little confused on but not a fucking chance I'm typing "Silo" anything into a search bar!

We’re only three episodes in, but I’ve read the books, so I say don’t do it, don’t give in to searching! Much better if you can wait for season 2 for things to reveal themselves.

I only caught the end of it but I gather one of today's Countdown contestants is a wrestler. Not sure if anyone here will recognise the name Harry Bayne, especially if he goes by something different in the ring, but he has a fairly distinctive look if you're  curious to check on catch-up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

They've got a new presenter on University Challenge, presumably Jeremy Paxman is too ill to continue. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz
Jeremy Pacman? That's an odd character.