WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

28 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Why did they can it? 

My guess is the original sound guy ruined it beyond repair with his insistence of having every character say “I wish Carl Weathers came to MY wedding” embedded in the code. 

• Awards Moderator

If you care about not being spoiled for Ragnarok just, completely avoid the Internet or something. IGN's homepage is live streaming the whole thing without warning. You can't even type "god of war ragnarok" into the Google search bar without the autocomplete also offering spoilers! 

So Final Fantasy XIV. 

Spoiler

Almost finished The Parting Glass and well, shit sure escalated quickly. 

The Sultana assassinated and most of the Scions possibly dead. Turning into a strong story for an MMO. 

Having to grind my way through the mandatory raids, trials, etc. (not that hard actually, just kind of boring) was thankfully worth it. 

Raubahn just straight up murdering the fuck out of that capitalist.....sorry monetarist scumbag got a good chuckle out of me.

Now finally onto Heavensward. About fucking time. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

15 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Why did they can it? 

Who knows?  Someone presumably decided that it wasn't going to make enough money back so they cut the whole thing.  It was going to be excellent as well.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

If you care about not being spoiled for Ragnarok just, completely avoid the Internet or something. IGN's homepage is live streaming the whole thing without warning. You can't even type "god of war ragnarok" into the Google search bar without the autocomplete also offering spoilers! 

Thanks for the heads-up. I preordered on the PS Store so that it would download overnight and I could play before going to work later but, of course, it hasn’t downloaded so I’m now sat watching the download bar tick along - only an hour to go! 

• Paid Members
On 11/8/2022 at 9:29 PM, The King Of Swing said:

So Final Fantasy XIV. 

Hide contents

Almost finished The Parting Glass and well, shit sure escalated quickly. 

The Sultana assassinated and most of the Scions possibly dead. Turning into a strong story for an MMO. 

Having to grind my way through the mandatory raids, trials, etc. (not that hard actually, just kind of boring) was thankfully worth it. 

Raubahn just straight up murdering the fuck out of that capitalist.....sorry monetarist scumbag got a good chuckle out of me.

Now finally onto Heavensward. About fucking time. 

Congratulations. One of the notable faults of that game is that so much of it needed fat trimming from the original story, and none of that was down to the combat. Yet the more interesting early fights got nerfed to heck.

On 11/10/2022 at 8:04 AM, seph said:

Congratulations. One of the notable faults of that game is that so much of it needed fat trimming from the original story, and none of that was down to the combat. Yet the more interesting early fights got nerfed to heck.

When I unlocked King Mog, I immediately watched a guide on YouTube because I didn't want to drag the party down.

Shouldn't have bothered because it is now literally just hitting things until they die while avoiding the odd attack. 

I enjoy the ARR alliance raids but they are also not much of a challenge but I'm fine with that because FFXIV scratches that casual friendly MMO itch.

Doubt I'll ever go near ultimates but you never know. 

• Paid Members

I'm playing through arkham City. It's good but not as much fun as arkham asylum for me because it's a bit too big, although I ma be alone there. 

It's also odd hearing freeze being played by Calculon from all my circuits. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I'm playing through arkham City. It's good but not as much fun as arkham asylum for me because it's a bit too big, although I ma be alone there. 

It's also odd hearing freeze being played by Calculon from all my circuits. 

I felt the same way about Arkham City, and then it's even bigger in Arkham Knight. Neither of them capture the same feeling of playing through Asylum for the first time.