WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

My most anticipated game for a very long time. 

Booked a couple of days off as soon as the release date was announced, there’s  so much coming to consoles in the next 6 months that I’ll enjoy, Callisto Protocol and Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core next month, Dead Space, Persona 3 and 4 in January as well as Resident Evil 4 Remake in March

• Paid Members

I liked 2018 a lot less than the original three, "levelling" and "loot" are total fun-killers in any game. It's a testament to how good everything else is about it that I still liked it and am still hyped for Wednesday.

I hope it manages to not spoil me in the hint screen this time, I got a very helpful "to use the Blades of Chaos press blah blah blah" barely an hour into the last one!

4 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I don’t think I could love Vampire Survivors any more than I do. I just had my best run, getting to level 96 on the library stage and making it to 30 minutes. Such satisfying gameplay.

Would never have thought my favourite game of the year would cost me £3 and involve nothing more than walking out of the way of things.

It’s so bloody addictive. The library stage is a good one for building up the levels for me, but I struggle a bit in Gallo Tower. I can last the full 30-minutes, but I just can’t get to a high enough level to unlock the next stage. I haven’t enabled curse though, so maybe I need to do that to progress.

I've always loved brick breaking games but I baulked at the idea of spending £25 for the new Arkanoid, despite the battle royale mode.

Instead I picked up Shatter, which basically does for Breakout what Geometry Wars did for Asteroids. It's a fun little filler when you need a break from heavier fare.

After not playing it for months because I was in the centre of the universe, I got back to civilisation on Elite Dangerous, joined a communist faction and bought a huge fuck off warship with all the money I got from selling my exploration data. It’s been blown up twice already and I think I’ve made a huge mistake. 

Pre installed Footie Manager for tomorrow. I look forward to playing as Man City for a month before I sack it off because I’m bored. 

• Paid Members

I'm playing Halo for the first time as part of my journey through the shitload of OG Xbox games I never played. For the most part it has aged great and the gunplay is fantastic. However, making you replay the longest, dullest, most repetitive level backwards with a shitload of one-shot enemies added in is certainly a choice. 

Halo and Doom's gameplay will never age. Not really. I can forgive the fact that the second half of the game is the first half in reverse with more annoying enemies because it's still so astonishingly good. 

Yeah there's a reason why "Boomer Shooters" have been pretty big on PC these past few years, that style of FPS has aged like a fine wine while many of the 360 etc era games feel dated. FPS became brown corridor shooters for far too long.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

I'm late to this dance, but I've really been enjoying Fight N Rage on Switch. Shredder's Revenge was fun. Fight N Rage has a lot of depth to its fighting system. Multiple paths and endings as well. It's fun to just trot through, and I'm definitely getting the better hang of it. 

I'm so broke at the moment and it's really frustrating because the Switch version of Outer Worlds with all the DLC is half price on the eshop at the moment as well. I'll just have to dig the XBox out instead. 

23 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Pre installed Footie Manager for tomorrow. I look forward to playing as Man City for a month before I sack it off because I’m bored. 

First game was the charity shield against Liverpool, a game soon to be known as the Oil Derby, and won on penalties. I was 3-1 up going into stoppage time so that made it all the sweeter.  I will now retire having a perfect record and some silverware. 

In other videogame news... up till June I was working for EA on Project Cars 4.  I left as they wanted full-time employees only and I like being a contractor.

Today they announced they canned the project (and I guess ultimately that whole team).  It was pretty much done as well.  So much money spent on it!

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Loki said:

In other videogame news... up till June I was working for EA on Project Cars 4.  I left as they wanted full-time employees only and I like being a contractor.

Today they announced they canned the project (and I guess ultimately that whole team).  It was pretty much done as well.  So much money spent on it!

Why did they can it?