WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

Jason Schreier is about as reputable as gaming press gets  and he’s certainly no shill so if he says he’s seen evidence of her pay offer then I’d be inclined to believe that. Not to say she shouldn’t be paid more or there weren’t stipulations in her offer etc. Fuck it, I’m off to Twitter to put women in their place.

On 10/17/2022 at 11:28 AM, TildeGuy~! said:

Reveal tonight at 10pm. 

Video will be around 49 minutes long

Edit: Tried to an embed a tweet but not working.

Silent Hill 2 Remake, A new Silent Hill Movie and another game called Silent Hill: Ascension will be revealed.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ah yes, everyone should have shit wages and not complain about it. Don’t you know how lucky you are? I could get someone to do the work for exposure. 

It’s not quite as cut and dry as that. She was given an offer higher than industry standard by a significant amount which equated to a reported $15k minimum. She then publicly shamed the company saying they lowballed her with a $4k offer, encouraged people to sabotage the company, sabotage the new VA, and broke NDA to do so.

It then got reported by numerous unrelated and unbiased sources that she was lying and the $15k figure came out. She reportedly asked for a six figure sum plus residuals from sales of the game which is so insane that the union both she and the new VA are both a part of didn’t even get involved in to negotiate. It’s an unprecedented sum even for a huge name in VA, which coincidentally her replacement is, never mind someone who has this one role to her name and nothing in the years between.

It’s not just a case of “good for her asking for more money, the big corporation is holding her down”. She got offered a higher pay than most despite her experience, asked for an unbelievably high amount and when told no, her union didn’t back her up and she broke NDA to stir up as much shit as she could, ultimately likely blackballing her from the one role she had.

Edited by FelatioLips

That’s still a lot of “Know your place” you said there. It turns out she’s a rank rotten person MAGA type, but even they deserve decent money. And if decent money is way below the industry norm, then fuck the industry 

EDIT - Do you think this could be a thing to raise her own profile? Get her name out there and all that?  I mean, is anyone outside her immediate family going to boycott the game because there is a different voice actor?

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

That’s still a lot of “Know your place” you said there. It turns out she’s a rank rotten person MAGA type, but even they deserve decent money. And if decent money is way below the industry norm, then fuck the industry 

EDIT - Do you think this could be a thing to raise her own profile? Get her name out there and all that?  I mean, is anyone outside her immediate family going to boycott the game because there is a different voice actor?

If by "know your place" you mean she's an inexperienced VA with 9 IMDB credits to her name and nothing since 2014 then I suppose just by default that's the case, the same way I couldn't walk back into a job I had 8 years ago with no further experience and ask for ten times my salary and a cut of the company profits.
She was being offered more than she previously made, more than most other VAs of higher reputation and experience make, and asked for more, which she's well within her rights to do. The point is upon being told no, she threw a strop and tried to sabotage the company, the game sales and the VA that replaced her despite her being an innocent bystander.

It was a completely unprofessional and harmful career suicide for no reason other than being told no to a ridiculously high request.

It's raised her profile but not in a positive light. She's got an 8 year gap on her CV and has now been removed from her defining and almost only role. No company in their right mind would try and hire her now. In terms of boycotting it, it's the same as wrestling. Everyone was blowing up on Twitter and harrassing the company and new VA (until the truth came out) but they'll still buy the game because they're marks.

44 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

If by "know your place" you mean she's an inexperienced VA with 9 IMDB credits to her name and nothing since 2014 then I suppose just by default that's the case, the same way I couldn't walk back into a job I had 8 years ago with no further experience and ask for ten times my salary and a cut of the company profits

You could if you were an integral part of a project that made the company a ton of money. It’s a bit like a musician in a hit band. They may not have been the lead singer or songwriter but should they expect a pittance for a reunion that’s going to be a success even though they haven’t had any real success outside the band?

The gaming industry is notorious for fucking over workers and I’m all in favour of more people challenging them on their abhorrent working conditions. Hopefully more people will follow her lead and shine a light on the fuckers. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

You could if you were an integral part of a project that made the company a ton of money. It’s a bit like a musician in a hit band. They may not have been the lead singer or songwriter but should they expect a pittance for a reunion that’s going to be a success even though they haven’t had any real success outside the band?

The gaming industry is notorious for fucking over workers and I’m all in favour of more people challenging them on their abhorrent working conditions. Hopefully more people will follow her lead and shine a light on the fuckers. 

But it’s not a pittance, it was a high offer. What you’re saying would be valid if they offered her a shit wage but they gave her a generous offer above industry standard. 
I feel like you’re just looking for an argument where there isn’t one to be made because you’ve already made up your mind about the industry.

She didn’t “shine a light” on anything. She didn’t try to negotiate a better wage, she asked for a completely unreasonable one outside of any realms of ever being accepted.