WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
Just now, Loki said:

Just been playing Star Fox on the Switch SNES emulator.  Quality !

One of the first things I did when I got mine was replay Super Mario World. 

It's one of those games I'll go and reply every few years, like Mario 64 or Soviet strike. 

I recently picked up civ 6 for switch too but, and I'm sure I'm alone on this, I don't think I've enjoyed one more than 2 which again I'd still sink hours into if I could get a copy running on what I have available. 

I finally managed to get a Switch during the early part of lockdown, and as such, have finally started playing Breath of the WIld.

Good lord, this game is absolutely remarkable. Pretty much every time I play it I sit and think 'how did they even think to make this?' It's so open, so expansive and it just feels epic. Every time I play it, I feel like I'm accomplishing something. I know this is hardly news, but it's just truly incredible.

I love it.

Edited by Daaaaaad!

It’s great.  I’ve got stuck on the first big bad guy though, in the giant elephant thing.  Seems crazy powerful and I’m pretty terrible at the combat controls.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Loki said:

It’s great.  I’ve got stuck on the first big bad guy though, in the giant elephant thing.  Seems crazy powerful and I’m pretty terrible at the combat controls.

Just fire arrows at his big eye thing, slash to fuck when he's on the floor. Repeat. Oh and use Cryonis when he chucks ice at you.

You think this one's hard, wait until the thunderblight Ganon. That can be a right bastard.

I did the Zoras  Domain temple first and I was extremely underpowered trying to twat  him with bokoblin clubs. There is a safe spot where you can’t be at the end of the room. Other than going out and looting up before you go back in you just grind it out like Punkstep said. Did you get the shock arrows from the Lynel up on the mountain?

I wasn’t a big fan of the combat controls but I played handheld and my big sausage fingers would constantly make me crouch.

Go to the Revali one next, it’s the easiest of the four and the power you get is most useful early game.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Go to the Revali one next, it’s the easiest of the four and the power you get is most useful early game.

Absolutely- I took your advice and did this. It's a pain in the arse to get to as it's by far the farthest one from Zora's Domain but the payoff (Rivali's Gale) is well worth it. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, waters44 said:

I think there was some chat about the Rocksteady Batman games in the previous thread - I’ve just seen that the trilogy with all dlc is on sale on the PS Store for £16.49 at the moment, worth every penny! 

I picked it up a few weeks back. After just finishing asylum im now onto city. Well worth another play after so long 

Amazing deal for for all 3 with dlc 

15 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I did the Zoras  Domain temple first and I was extremely underpowered trying to twat  him with bokoblin clubs. There is a safe spot where you can’t be at the end of the room. Other than going out and looting up before you go back in you just grind it out like Punkstep said. Did you get the shock arrows from the Lynel up on the mountain?

I wasn’t a big fan of the combat controls but I played handheld and my big sausage fingers would constantly make me crouch.

I'm doing Zoras Domain one first as well, didn't realise it wasn't the easiest!  Seemed the closest to get to. Thank you all for advice, I will try and fire some arrows at him. Every time I get close with a blade he just does that big area affect drop and half my health goes.

• Paid Members

INDIE WRESTLER - The Game

I’m assisting with the development of an upcoming, mobile phone based, wrestling sim game. The game, ‘INDIE WRESTLER’ is a career sim, influenced by the likes of TEW and Championship Manager, but from the perspective of a wrestler, fresh out of wrestling school, looking to get booked by local promotions, building up skill XP, a reputation, a fan base, pay days and opportunities to wrestle for established promotions around the world.

The game includes real wrestling promotions and over 200 independent wrestlers from around the world so far, and that’s just in wave 1 of the game. The player will be able to negotiate bookings/contracts with promotions, making sure to keep an eye on how lucrative they are, and expenditure on travel costs. Costumes will be customisable, and new attires can be purchased with the money you make from wrestling. You have to keep a healthy balance between your relationship with fans, other wrestlers and promoters. It’s possible to upset the balance based on match performance, interaction, negotiations and show cancellations. If you have positive relationships it opens up the opportunity to wrestle for titles and to wrestle for new territories. 
As this is a strategy simulator game, the matches aren’t typical on ring wrestling matches, they are text based simulations that are determined based on skill tasks in a match. For example, a standard match may contain 3 different skill challenges, such as tapping the screen with speed, or using precision & accuracy to tap the screen at the right time (think of the accuracy/power bar when taking a penalty in a football game). You will receive ratings based on your overall execution in a match, which will lead to the amount of XP you can receive.

There really is so much to discuss about the game. We’ve tried to cover as much as possible, taking advice from wrestles, promoters, fans, developers and gamers alike.

I have popped up an audio chat in the podcast thread, but we will be starting some vlogs in the near future. Don’t hesitate to ask questions. 

Oh and the core game will be a free app to download on mobile devices. You can complete/progress in the game without paying for additional DLC, but we will be offering specific DLC at a cost to help with the general costs and future game patches we have planned. DLC will include attire/XP packs amongst other things. 

E6461700-A4E9-4603-BA2F-0258C3CEAE80.jpeg