WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

Since lockdown started I have gone a bit mental on games and either finished or at least put plenty of time into Shadow of the Colossus, Streets of Rage 4, Doom Eternal, Resident Evil 3, Death Stranding, The Last of Us Part 2, Daemon X Machina and Horizon Chase Turbo.

This is definitely the most gaming I've done since I was a kid.

Anyone got any hype for Ghost of Tsushima?

• Paid Members

Likewise. I've ploughed through Uncharted Lost Legacy, Far Cry 5, Control, Hellblade, Luigis Mansion 3, Mario Kart 8, Titanfall 2, The Outer Worlds, Untitled Goose Game and The Last Of Us Part 2 since March. Most gaming I've ever done. I've fucking loved it.

• 2 weeks later...

I sold my PS4 last year as it was just sat gathering dust, I haven't missed it a great deal but seeing a new Farcry has got me wishing I had it. I don't know what it is about FC buy I loved them.

My games collection was RDR, Farcry 4,5, Primal, Skyrim, Last of Us, Shadow of Mordor, PES, Unchartered and Kingdoms Of Amular which is a brilliant game and fast overtook Skyrim as my go to RPG. 

I have been tempted by a Switch a few times mainly for Mario and Zelda but with a 2 year old and a new born arriving in 2 weeks I cannot see it being worth it. 

No real point to this post other than to bemoan my decision and seethe with envy at all you lot.

• Paid Members

Pro Evo isn't getting a new edition this year, just a paid update ahead of the version made in Unreal engine for next gen systems. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-07-15-konami-will-not-release-a-full-pes-2021

• Paid Members

I loved Farcry 3 and 5, although the story in 5 didn't grab me. I've yet to start 4, it's still on the shelf while I play some other stuff, but I'm expecting 3 & 5 with a slightly different texture on the landscape because they all feel like the same game with a new skin. 

I'm sure I'll pick up 6 but I couldn't tell you why I would over just replaying one of the others. 

• Paid Members

Have the games changed much since 3 & 4? I liked both games, plus Primal and Blood Dragon, although they were very samey. I'm hoping they've reinvented themselves a bit from 5 onwards like Assassin's Creed did with Origins/Odyssey.

4 and 5 and New Dawn were pretty much extensions of 3, I thought. Except 5 was way more annoying than the others for getting ambushed all over the place when you're just pottering around minding your own business. It's a sure enough bet that 6 will be more of the same again, but probably beyond even Assassin's Creed "how the fuck am I meant to get through all these tasks" levels of nonsense. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Have the games changed much since 3 & 4?

5 was just 3 with nicer graphics and rednecks IMO. It's the exact same game every time with pretty much the same essential plot every time. It's even by the numbers enough to know when certain things are going to happen, "another couple of missions and there'll be some trippy vision segment, then 4 more hours of climbing towers before they show off the fire effects in some set piece".

Knowing this it does baffle me as to why I'll surely buy 6.

Far Cry 5 removed the towers from what I remember. It was still incredibly annoying with all the "walk around a corner, unseen enemy hits you in the face, wake up to creepy boss talking to you" stuff Carebear Luvva mentions. When they did that with Vaas in 3 I thought it worked well but they completely overdid it in 5. The same with the couple of drugged up, hallucinating levels in 3. Which were ok but then they decided to add about 20 of them into 4.

I loved Far Cry 2, 3, Primal and Blood Dragon but got 70% into the last two and couldn't be bothered finishing them. Maybe I'm just burned out on the fomula but felt they were both were bloated and messy.