WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

@Merzbow the developer /producer of Deadly Premonition 2 has said they're working on fixing the framerate, and also some dialogue that was unintentionally transphobia, so there is a patch on the way.

Train Sim World 2 has been moved back by two weeks, but it's because they're altering the game to allow you to use any train, including the "preserved collection" stuff they'll be allowing you to import from TSW2020 in their scenario editor. Want to stick a German high speed OCE train down the Bakerloo line? You'll be able to do it now. Want to run some old 50s diesel clunker through Southern California? Job done. I think I'll still hang on until Christmas for it, though. Just waiting to see whether they'll apply it to the livery designer as well so I can give all my locos Northern Rail colours and feel less guilty for getting everywhere 20 minutes late. 

Apparently Microsoft are binning the annual XBox Live Gold offer to try and force people to pay monthly or 3 monthly. The plan being that there's so little price difference now that you might as well have Game Pass Ultimate. 

https://www-gamespot-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/xbox-live-gold-kills-off-yearly-subscription-optio/1100-6479895/?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASDYAQE%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Farticles%2Fxbox-live-gold-kills-off-yearly-subscription-optio%2F1100-6479895%2F

Edited by jazzygeofferz
Not double posting

21 hours ago, Nexus said:

Ooblets is a fun little game that came out on the Epic Game Store on Thursday. It's like Stardew Valley crossed with Pokemon crossed with Slay the Spire. You run around a town collecting little Ooblets, farming materials to improve the town and the farm, and also fighting other ooblets in dance battles (which are played out using card mechanics.)

It's chill, and I am enjoying it quite a lot. 

Downloaded the trial, thanks for the heads up!

On 7/18/2020 at 11:56 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

So probably not even a quarter of the way through Ghost Of Tsushima and it’s already my game of the year, it’s Red Dead with Samurai. 

My main worry before picking this up was the combat system but it’s so much fun and the game really does look beautiful.

It’s really good but it’s not in the Red Dead ballpark for me.

It’s exactly how I’d imagine a feudal Japanese Assassins Creed would play but with better storytelling and combat. It has that ‘one more mission before bed’ thing going for it and before you know it it’s 2am. 

PlayStation have had a bloody great gen.

• Paid Members

Apparently Sony are putting £10 in the PlayStation wallets of random PSPlus members to celebrate the 10th anniversary of PSPlus. 

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/07/sonys_sending_free_ps_store_credit_to_ps_plus_members

Ghost of Tsushima has been fantastic so far. Ticks all the boxes I want from big open world games. Easy to manoeuvre (although I’m hoping I can jump from cliff’s and roll out at some point) great fast travel, enjoyable side missions and loads to collect but with fantastic handholding when it comes to finding them. I can’t believe the following of nature wasn’t used like this in BotW, is it original to this game?

The base takedowns are up there as the most satisfying I’ve played owing in no small part to the combat system which is not at all complex but varied in ways which mean you can do cinematic style samurai showdowns, ninja style assassinations, balls out melee and blowing shit up and setting fire to people all in one (big) base.

14 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Any news on next months Xbox Games with gold? 

Pretty much a load of shite:

Xbox One:

Portal Knights (August 1-August 31)
Override: Mech City Brawl (August 16-September 15)

Xbox:
MX Unleashed (August 1-August 15)
Red Faction II (August 16-August 31)

Edited by CAREBEAR LUVVA

• Paid Members