WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

The event was a massive success! The original target of £100 (we're all small streamers) was thrashed immediately, so we upped it to £200, then £300, then £500. The current amount is £1052.99 :)

• Paid Members

Fall Guys can be fun, but can also be a massive pain in the arse depending on who else is in your game. I've managed to make it to one of the finals, but can't see myself winning one anytime soon. Can't moan for free. I bet it'd be class if you managed to get a big enough crew of mates together for it. 

• Paid Members

My game of choice (Final Fantasy XIV) is currently down for 24hrs while a massive patch is implemented and I’m all of the hype. The patch is rammed full of new content and I haven’t been this excited for patch before.

has anyone else ever been stupidly excited for just a patch before for any game?

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Kookoocachu said:

My game of choice (Final Fantasy XIV) is currently down for 24hrs while a massive patch is implemented and I’m all of the hype. The patch is rammed full of new content and I haven’t been this excited for patch before.

has anyone else ever been stupidly excited for just a patch before for any game?

Patch or Expansion Pack? I remember waking up at 7am during study leave to play Eye of the North (the GW1 Expansion). I got in trouble with my mum and it was shit in the end but it was fun for that one day!

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Kookoocachu said:

Not a patch as such, but when the Halloween skins come in for Overwatch every year, I'm a right giddy bastard.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Fall Guys can be fun, but can also be a massive pain in the arse depending on who else is in your game. I've managed to make it to one of the finals, but can't see myself winning one anytime soon. Can't moan for free. I bet it'd be class if you managed to get a big enough crew of mates together for it. 

I had a massive binge of it this past weekend and still only won twice. As with any game like this, there are some crackers and some real duff rounds. The memory game, tail games and team-mate games all need to get binned and replaced with more daft obstable courses.

The rising slime round seperates the men from the boys but I don't think theres a more hilariously frustrating moment in gaming than doing well on the hexagon round before falling and dropping about 5 levels.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Patch or Expansion Pack? I remember waking up at 7am during study leave to play Eye of the North (the GW1 Expansion). I got in trouble with my mum and it was shit in the end but it was fun for that one day!

Patch, but I’d be interested to hear expansion hype too!

• Moderators

I was super excited for the sea of thieves patch a couple months ago that introduced checkpoints for the tall tale story missions. As someone who is pretty short on free time the ability to be able to play through those without having to commit several hours in a single play session was the only way is ever get to play them through.

2 hours ago, Kookoocachu said:

Ooh, I’ve just started playing FFXIV, it’s encouraging to see someone speak so enthusiastically about it. I’ve heard great things about the story, so I’m excited. I really miss the days of being gripped by a Final Fantasy storyline.

It’s the first time I’ve ever played a MMORPG, but it’s so far, so good. It’s more of a solo experience than I’d expected, which I’m fine with.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Ooh, I’ve just started playing FFXIV, it’s encouraging to see someone speak so enthusiastically about it. I’ve heard great things about the story, so I’m excited. I really miss the days of being gripped by a Final Fantasy storyline.

It’s the first time I’ve ever played a MMORPG, but it’s so far, so good. It’s more of a solo experience than I’d expected, which I’m fine with.

I play it every day, often all day haha

What’s your class? I used to be a Black Mage main but now I’m an Astrologian. A Realm Reborn can seem a little long winded at times but stick with it because it just gets better and better.

I’m a little bit obsessed with it, it seems to have rubbed off onto my son too as he now plays it (Monk main) and is loving it too! 

I love it so much when I have cash to burn I’ll be getting a XIV tattoo which is incredibly sad I know haha

1 hour ago, Kookoocachu said:

I play it every day, often all day haha

What’s your class? I used to be a Black Mage main but now I’m an Astrologian. A Realm Reborn can seem a little long winded at times but stick with it because it just gets better and better.

I’m a little bit obsessed with it, it seems to have rubbed off onto my son too as he now plays it (Monk main) and is loving it too! 

I love it so much when I have cash to burn I’ll be getting a XIV tattoo which is incredibly sad I know haha

I’m a warrior, so wasn’t sure if it would be less fun to play if I were to go a spell-casting type, but after watching others play I’m wondering if I made a bad choice. 

I’m just at the Royal Reception quest and so far I don’t really feel like the story has revealed itself, but given the acclaim this game has I’m happy to stick with it. Plus, I actually really enjoy the side quests. Although I feel kind of bad about killing the monsters in game. Most of them just seem to be mulling about minding their own business up until I turn up to slaughter them 🙁

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I’m a warrior, so wasn’t sure if it would be less fun to play if I were to go a spell-casting type, but after watching others play I’m wondering if I made a bad choice. 

I’m just at the Royal Reception quest and so far I don’t really feel like the story has revealed itself, but given the acclaim this game has I’m happy to stick with it. Plus, I actually really enjoy the side quests. Although I feel kind of bad about killing the monsters in game. Most of them just seem to be mulling about minding their own business up until I turn up to slaughter them 🙁

Warrior’s job quests are ace, you’ll love them!

• Paid Members

My mate keeps badgering me to get into FFXIV but I’m worried because a) I’ve never played a FF game and b) I can only really give an hour a night to play, maybe more at weekends

Is that enough time do you think or am I better off not bothering?

He’s really ramping up the pressure because as I understand it part of the patch yesterday was making the free trial even bigger and better to new players 

13 hours ago, Kookoocachu said:

Warrior’s job quests are ace, you’ll love them!

I’m definitely enjoying them, it’s the general story I feel a bit indifferent about so far. I’m sure that’ll change, but as it goes I’m spending much more time exploring and finding side-quests than progressing the story.

That probably doesn’t help me enjoy the story, as I end up forgetting what’s going on...

@waters44 - it’s not like any offline FF game so that doesn’t really matter. It’s actually designed in a way that makes it quite easy to play in short bursts. However, after the free trial you do have to pay a subscription so whether or not you feel you get value for money through that is another thing. 

Edited by RedRooster

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I’m definitely enjoying them, it’s the general story I feel a bit indifferent about so far. I’m sure that’ll change, but as it goes I’m spending much more time exploring and finding side-quests than progressing the story.

That probably doesn’t help me enjoy the story, as I end up forgetting what’s going on...

@waters44 - it’s not like any offline FF game so that doesn’t really matter. It’s actually designed in a way that makes it quite easy to play in short bursts. However, after the free trial you do have to pay a subscription so whether or not you feel you get value for money through that is another thing. 

The free trial is indefinite, isn't it? The new update gives you the entire base game and first expansion now so it's essentially a free-to-play game.