WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

11 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

Even after taking @Mr_Danger's advice and just focusing on the Mythic stories and main quests, I'm still finding Ghost of Tsushima a slog. Every journey in between locations you encounter fight after fight.

The game looks great and I like the variety they've put in to the upgrade system. And although the fights themselves are nice to play, repeatedly doing the same thing throughout each mission, and in between missions, is just tedious. 

Mutton dressed as lamb. 

Have you tried just fleeing? It’s pretty easy and all the fights on the road basically either give you a loot and xp boost or a tip off on a poi and xp boost so they’re really not necessary. There also comes a point in act 2 where once you’ve upgraded an armour set you get a perk of a complete kill streak so you get to kill off a hoard of Mongols in one combo with a couple of stragglers left to run off in fear and it’s super satisfying. 

Other than that maybe just open up a few fast travel points, the fox dens and all that shite are not good for much else.

At the very least persevere until you get the ability to kick mongols off the top of lighthouses. It’s ace!

I should have elaborated, I do ignore those fights for the most part. But it just highlights how hollow the game is for me. 

All the things you've pointed out as ace is just more fighting, so I'm afraid that's not going to pull me back in. 

And using the fast travel will only take away one of the things I really like about the game. The scenery. 

It's just not for me and I think it's been massively overhyped. Clearly people are enjoying it, but I'm just not feeling it. 

• Paid Members

Train Sim World 2 comes out tomorrow. They've also unveiled their "road map" of future content. 

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw2-roadmap-18-august

The Isle Of Wight and South Eastern High Speed stuff looks interesting, as does the TGV. 

I hope they've put more effort into making the game than went into choosing the term "roadmap." I mean come on. They could've had a nice schematic diagram with the Upcoming Line, the In Planning Line, etc, stretching colourfully across Britain.

1 hour ago, Steve Justice said:

I should have elaborated, I do ignore those fights for the most part. But it just highlights how hollow the game is for me. 

All the things you've pointed out as ace is just more fighting, so I'm afraid that's not going to pull me back in. 

And using the fast travel will only take away one of the things I really like about the game. The scenery. 

It's just not for me and I think it's been massively overhyped. Clearly people are enjoying it, but I'm just not feeling it. 

Fair enough. I said myself it was very pretty on the outside but quite hollow on the inside. Feels like a good platform for a franchise but in a world where Red Dead and BotW are a couple of years old it is a bit of a throw back.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

I hope they've put more effort into making the game than went into choosing the term "roadmap." I mean come on. They could've had a nice schematic diagram with the Upcoming Line, the In Planning Line, etc, stretching colourfully across Britain.

Roadmap is a generic industry term, the head of Dovetail is a former EA exec, and the incremental update/plentiful DLC model is straight out of their playbook.

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Roadmap is a generic industry term

So is powerbomb, but it didn't stop Diesel calling his a Jackknife to push his gimmick.

Just saying, they passed up an obvious chance to sprinkle a little more fun and identity into their marketing, which is what a published roadmap falls under.

4 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Roadmap is a generic industry term, the head of Dovetail is a former EA exec, and the incremental update/plentiful DLC model is straight out of their playbook.

EA? So it’s less Dr Beeching and more Dr Kerching. 
I accept my suspension. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

EA? So it’s less Dr Beeching and more Dr Kerching. 
I accept my suspension. 

I love it. 

• Paid Members

I'm currently playing Horizon: Zero Dawn and it is a lovely, lovely game. I'm doing everything but the main quest at the moment, currently at level 15 with tons of crafting upgrades and I've only just taken over the first giant giraffe thing. It's a typical open-world game, but looks gorgeous and there's not much fucking around with resource management (as of yet). It's also the first game I've played since upgrading my 12 year old TV so everything looks extra eye-catching.

I'm playing little bits of Fall Guys too but, I have to admit, it's not as addictive or as fun as I thought it would be considering the hype for the last 18 months. I was hoping for some sort of party mode where you and your mates take on other teams, but it's just real threadbare right now. Hopefully it fleshes out a little.

Any Dark Souls players on here? I think I’m finally getting my head around it after avoiding playing it for a year. At the moment I’m at the start doing loops in the Undead Burg. I’ve accidentally fell in to the boss fight with the big fuck off bastard and that twatting knight has had me off a few times too. 

Do all areas have the same sort of loop? Explore, collect, grind then kill some boss and move on?(whilst dying a thousand times)

Any handy tips that you don’t have to be a D&D nerd to understand would be appreciated.