WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Like anyone with actual morals, I boycotted the shit out of Primal. Putting a game in that setting without dinosaurs was heinous. Ubisoft are scum.

I never played Primal but always assumed there was dinosaurs. That’s shocking.

I'm slogging through Deadly Premonition 2, it's not terrible but god it's got some of the worst performance issues I've ever seen from a retail game. It also doesn't have the same magic as the first game, this is by a guy who's become all too self-aware and is really forcing in bits that people loved instead of them happening organically and even by accident and it somehow has even less quality-of-life features that make everything harder to do, especially side-quests which were listed perfectly in the original with times/days/chapters they occur.

For example, it was cute driving around and having York talk to Zach about movies once in a while but now the whole movie talk is forced into nearly every damn conversation and it's all overly quirky, verging on "cringe".

Edited by Merzbow

15 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Anyone else picking up Ghost Of Tsushima? I’ll be picking it up tomorrow, was worried that the combat would be similar to Dark Souls/Bloodborne(which I was terrible at) but it seems to not be.

Yeah, I was worried it would be similar to Sekiro, which wasn't for me. I really enjoyed the Infamous series, so I'm curious to see what the developer has done with this. Very interested to hear your thoughts on this once you've played it, @TildeGuy~! 

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Yeah, I was worried it would be similar to Sekiro, which wasn't for me. I really enjoyed the Infamous series, so I'm curious to see what the developer has done with this. Very interested to hear your thoughts on this once you've played it, @TildeGuy~! 

About 2 hours in just riding about on my horse searching for side quests and shrines, I generally do this with open world games before I carry on with the story but I’m enjoying it so far.

Does anyone still play Pokemon Go? I only started fairly recently and I've got a bunch of field research tasks that need me to add friends and send gifts etc. My trainer code is 9922 2162 2271. An add would be much appreciated. Cheers in advance if you're willing.

• Paid Members

Ooblets is a fun little game that came out on the Epic Game Store on Thursday. It's like Stardew Valley crossed with Pokemon crossed with Slay the Spire. You run around a town collecting little Ooblets, farming materials to improve the town and the farm, and also fighting other ooblets in dance battles (which are played out using card mechanics.)

It's chill, and I am enjoying it quite a lot. 

So probably not even a quarter of the way through Ghost Of Tsushima and it’s already my game of the year, it’s Red Dead with Samurai. 

My main worry before picking this up was the combat system but it’s so much fun and the game really does look beautiful.