WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

7 hours ago, waters44 said:

My mate keeps badgering me to get into FFXIV but I’m worried because a) I’ve never played a FF game and b) I can only really give an hour a night to play, maybe more at weekends

Is that enough time do you think or am I better off not bothering?

He’s really ramping up the pressure because as I understand it part of the patch yesterday was making the free trial even bigger and better to new players 

Just keep playing Destiny 2. You know it makes sense.

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

The free trial is indefinite, isn't it? The new update gives you the entire base game and first expansion now so it's essentially a free-to-play game.

I’ve no idea, you may well be right. @Kookoocachu is clearly far more knowledgeable about the game than I am so might be able to answer this one. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

The free trial is indefinite, isn't it? The new update gives you the entire base game and first expansion now so it's essentially a free-to-play game.

Free trial has now changed to I believe a level 60 cap and includes Heavensward the first expansion. This doesn't include things however like being able to trade in game and some other things. 
It's well worth the subscription fee, I would happily pay three times as much.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Just keep playing Destiny 2. You know it makes sense.

I’ve given up on that now! It was becoming more like a second job rather than a hobby. I’m also a pve player and it sounded like they were focusing on PvP with trials and that so I knocked it on the head. You still playing? I may check out the next expansion one day

Phantasy Star Online 2 has been out on Xbox for a bit.

One of the more fun F2P model MMO's I've played. Maybe a little too generous though since I hit level 45 after only one day and little has really felt like a challenge so far, only died once since starting.

Or maybe I'm just really fucking awesome.

Yeah I'm sure that's it.

19 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

Question for those that have played through and finished Ghost of Tsushima. Are all the missions 'go here and fight people'? 

I'm enjoying it so far (albeit not very far in), but that's all the missions have been. I can see me getting bored quite quickly with that. 

Pretty much. If it grates just focus on the mythic side quests and the main story. You’ll bash through them in no time at all compared to ticking every box and the story and game picks up a fair bit from Act 2.

19 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Pretty much. If it grates just focus on the mythic side quests and the main story. You’ll bash through them in no time at all compared to ticking every box and the story and game picks up a fair bit from Act 2.

When you say mythic side quests, do you mean the fox dens and stuff like that, or the side quests you get from talking to people in camps? 

10 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

When you say mythic side quests, do you mean the fox dens and stuff like that, or the side quests you get from talking to people in camps? 

They’re listed on the menu as Mythic Stories. You find the story teller at a camp usually and he’ll tell you the story then you investigate it but they have a neat little intro and you usually end on a duel and will get armour or a new special attack from them. I wish they had half the pointless side quests and made a few more quests like that.

7 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

They’re listed on the menu as Mythic Stories. You find the story teller at a camp usually and he’ll tell you the story then you investigate it but they have a neat little intro and you usually end on a duel and will get armour or a new special attack from them. I wish they had half the pointless side quests and made a few more quests like that.

Ah yes, I know the ones. I've already done one of those and just about to start another. 

Cheers for that. 

The Tony Hawk 1+2 demo is so perfect. You need to pre-order the game to get it, but I feel like I'm going to be playing two minute Warehouse sessions until it comes out. Exactly what you want has come back. 

Even after taking @Mr_Danger's advice and just focusing on the Mythic stories and main quests, I'm still finding Ghost of Tsushima a slog. Every journey in between locations you encounter fight after fight.

The game looks great and I like the variety they've put in to the upgrade system. And although the fights themselves are nice to play, repeatedly doing the same thing throughout each mission, and in between missions, is just tedious. 

Mutton dressed as lamb.