WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

1 minute ago, waters44 said:

If you get to Hexagone drop all the way to the bottom layer straight away And run around, by the time other players start falling they will (hopefully!) drop straight through to slime and you’ve got yourself a crown

I think that's what happened to me! Great shout, I'll keep that in mind next time. 

I played it a bit before the Mrs and kids immediately stole the control pad. Is there much skill to it, seemed to be mostly chance to me with a bit of elementary understanding of platforming. Great fun it is.

As for my Dark Souls adventures (nobody asked) Blighttown can get fucked, Quelaag can get fucked, poison arrow snipers can get fucked and those big boys with the Billy clubs can especially get fucked. That Mildred is alright though, don’t think I’d have made it without her.

I immediately went to the Demon Ruins and spent a good hour beating the big firey cunt, didn’t even drop owt worth having. Reckon I got about 100 hours until I can give Bloodborne another go.

• Paid Members

Loving Ghost of Tsushima. I think the stealth works well, but I also always feel satisfied doing the normal fights. I'm also still only on the first island - having a ridiculous amount of fun exploring and getting as many of the collectibles as I can. 

4 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Anyone here playing Fall Guys, and if so has anyone actually managed to win a crown?

I...haven't but it's still probably my favourite game of 2020 so far. It's the perfect antidote to the misery of a global pandemic. 

I just won!!!! 

• Paid Members

I've made the final once. Slime climb is the bane of my life. Well, that and when people forget how seesaws work. Knobs. 

4 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I immediately went to the Demon Ruins and spent a good hour beating the big firey cunt

Oh no! If you'd given an update before getting there, I'd have mentioned that you can kill him super easily by running back to the fog door. He'll eventually slam his hand down and leave it there, and you can take his entire life bar out with 5 or 6 shots...

Also, did you go to the Demon Ruins straight from Blighttown? It's one of the later areas that leads to what's pretty much the final bit (and also the point where the developers were running out of time so it all gets a bit half-arsed), so just wondering if you've rocketed through the game with impressive speed or if you might have been there before you were "supposed" to.

8 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Oh no! If you'd given an update before getting there, I'd have mentioned that you can kill him super easily by running back to the fog door. He'll eventually slam his hand down and leave it there, and you can take his entire life bar out with 5 or 6 shots...

Also, did you go to the Demon Ruins straight from Blighttown? It's one of the later areas that leads to what's pretty much the final bit (and also the point where the developers were running out of time so it all gets a bit half-arsed), so just wondering if you've rocketed through the game with impressive speed or if you might have been there before you were "supposed" to.

I tried to run off thinking that if I got naked I’d definitely out run him but his first fire blast killed me and he wouldn’t follow me again. I ended up running past him and down the little valley where if I kept my distance I could easily dodge roll his slams and hack away. 

I went there early just to give the boss a go as the guide said it would be too hard at that point but I fancied a challenge. I think that black knight sword has really helped me get through some of the more difficult fights and grinding for souls down the Valley of the Drakes has gotten me to level 50.

I’ve spread my stats more or less equally on strength, dex, endurance and vitality. Is there any point in introducing magic in to the mix at this point?

• Paid Members
On 8/28/2020 at 8:22 PM, Grecian said:

I just won!!!! 

Two wins, once on the spinning thing, once on the tail grab.

Some rounds are very forgiving of mistakes, others will essentially eliminate you if you cock up late even if you're up front. There are also glitches where one would get stuck on a bar or fall through hex-a-gone, and both of those happened to me minutes ago.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, seph said:

Two wins, once on the spinning thing, once on the tail grab.

Some rounds are very forgiving of mistakes, others will essentially eliminate you if you cock up late even if you're up front. There are also glitches where one would get stuck on a bar or fall through hex-a-gone, and both of those happened to me minutes ago.

Three times now I've been first on Fall Mountain, jumped, grabbed the crown and it's given the win to the person who has grabbed the crown after me.

The game is definitely broken in places but it's too much fun to really care that much.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

That Live Circuit is cool as fuck. Unfortunately I’ll never play it because it will cost a bomb and probably work like shit. They really are the most creative game developers around though. I love how they basically come up with mad gimmicks then build a game around it, or in the case of the Wii an entire console.

I aim to get the physical 3D All-Stars compilation, but not if I have to pay hundreds to some scalper because of the limited quantities made. Even the digital version's only available till March, after which they'll probably start selling the games separately at marked up prices.