WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

As the Switch is my first Nintendo console since the SNES I'll be getting the 3D Allstars. Then fucking it off like everyone else and waiting for eBay to pay for my retirement fund.

Edited by seph

It might be worth putting a pre-order in now if you want to be sure of getting a copy - it's on the official Nintendo site, and Amazon have got it as well. In theory, availability is limited by time rather than the amount of copies and Nintendo - again, in theory - will keep re-stocking until March. But that surely won't be as straightforward as it sounds, because they've proven themselves many times over the years to be buggers for creating demand for their own products. Absolute buggers for it. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

It might be worth putting a pre-order in now if you want to be sure of getting a copy - it's on the official Nintendo site, and Amazon have got it as well. In theory, availability is limited by time rather than the amount of copies and Nintendo - again, in theory - will keep re-stocking until March. But that surely won't be as straightforward as it sounds, because they've proven themselves many times over the years to be buggers for creating demand for their own products. Absolute buggers for it. 

Already done :)

I’ve preordered it with Amazon. Does anyone know if they take the money out now or just prior to dispatch I can never remember.

Talking of preorders did anyone enter the PlayStation 5 Lottery to be one of the lucky ones who get to preorder the literally priceless PS5? Seem’s a bit fucking cheeky to me. If you want my £500 or whatever show me what I’m getting first. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’ve preordered it with Amazon. Does anyone know if they take the money out now or just prior to dispatch I can never remember.

Nintendo eShop isn't taking out until the order's shipped.

• Paid Members

That Mario 35 looks like it could be fun. I won't have a chance as I'm shit at Mario, but it looks like it'd be an interesting watch. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That Mario 35 looks like it could be fun. I won't have a chance as I'm shit at Mario, but it looks like it'd be an interesting watch. 

Think you're getting mixed up with this.

3729685-supermariobrosgame-watch.jpg

Made the mistake of showing my kids that Mario Kart Home Circuit video, ffs. They've been designing courses around their houses all night, and want to use the dog and the cat as obstacles.

At £100, that's a grandparents purchase for sure, for as good as it looks, I bet it doesn't really work properly in the way they've shown.

13 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Talking of preorders did anyone enter the PlayStation 5 Lottery to be one of the lucky ones who get to preorder the literally priceless PS5? Seem’s a bit fucking cheeky to me. If you want my £500 or whatever show me what I’m getting first. 

I didn't even know there was such a thing. That's incredibly brazen. I wonder if a few 'winners' are going to have a nasty surprise one the price is revealed?

40 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I didn't even know there was such a thing. That's incredibly brazen. I wonder if a few 'winners' are going to have a nasty surprise one the price is revealed?

You can opt out once the price is revealed I think. They’re also drawing the winners based on PlayStation use so if you have that Bloodborne platinum you’ve probably got a good chance! What that actually looks like is that they’re making sure only one account gets the ‘chance’ to buy one.

Just release a price and date ffs. Xbox will be cheaper and more powerful but they’ve pushed Halo back and the people that really cares about box specs probably already have a gaming pc. 

• Paid Members

So who has the hands-on opinions for THPS? I'm still feeling weary about the franchise, stemming from the THPS5 debacle so i don't want to throw my cash down just yet, but I trust most (okay, some) of the voices on this board. I'm really wanting it to be great but I also realise that it's modern gaming and has every chance to be sabotaged and shite.