WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Nintendo announced that they're discontinuing the 3DS family of handheld today, which is a shame as they're a great little piece of kit. I guess it means they can concentrate on the Switch completely now. 

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I've pre-ordered 3D all-stars, but having never played sunshine what's the consensus?

I know galaxy will be a bitch to play on the lite, so I might have to plunge and get a proper one too.

Sunshine has some fun in it but it's actually really difficult for a Mario game and feels weirdly unfinished and broken in places. The whole water shooting backpack aspect of it never really works quite right. 

24 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I've pre-ordered 3D all-stars, but having never played sunshine what's the consensus?

I know galaxy will be a bitch to play on the lite, so I might have to plunge and get a proper one too.

I'm looking forward to trying Sunshine again, as I gave up on the first stupid rollercoaster boss fight when I played the GameCube version on my Wii.

At least the wiggle attack in Galaxy has been remapped to a button (according to the Eurogamer review), which would've been the biggest pain on a Switch Lite otherwise.

• Paid Members

Miles Morales is coming to PS4 as well as PS5. It'll be interesting to see how his slightly different powers will alter the gameplay. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

6 hours ago, Bicurious Dad said:

I wouldn’t say it was a serious fuck up, demon souls is a niche title albeit a very good one - anyone watching the show last night would also be the type to also see the retraction as well.

It was niche but the Soulsborne games are now some of the best selling of the past two generations.

1 hour ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Crazy to think there's a new WWE game out tomorrow. There's been absolutely no hype for it at all. Not even any reviews, which is always a bad sign...

I had no idea! Yeah, the fact the review embargo hasn’t been lifted yet doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence. 

11 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I had no idea! Yeah, the fact the review embargo hasn’t been lifted yet doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence. 

I've seen a couple of reviews on YouTube. Unsurprisingly it's micro transaction full. They say 70 wrestlers at launch but you actually get 20 and have to buy the others or earn points to buy. Wrestlers fall into groups such as brawlers, high flyer, technical and all rounder and all wrestlers in each group fall are basically just a skin change. Storyline is done via comic panels rather than any cut scenes. 

It’s such a waste of money (unless you have it) to jump in at launch. The games have been developed with current gen in mind so they don’t really perform any different, the games that are actually available that is. The price is never higher than at launch and the system is never as broken as it is at launch.  It’s much better to sit back and wait it out, if only until January.

Took me ten minutes to preorder mine from Game after it being announced, I’m an idiot and my girlfriend is going to kill me.

34 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

It’s such a waste of money (unless you have it) to jump in at launch. The games have been developed with current gen in mind so they don’t really perform any different, the games that are actually available that is. The price is never higher than at launch and the system is never as broken as it is at launch.  It’s much better to sit back and wait it out, if only until January.

Took me ten minutes to preorder mine from Game after it being announced, I’m an idiot and my girlfriend is going to kill me.

My friend thinks the same, still preordered one. 

I'm seriously tempted to go Xbox first this generation.

Better backwards compatibility meaning I'll have more to play at launch which is important imo because I don't see any big guns from Sony dropping until sometime next year. And by then the console should be easily available.

Gamepass and my digital collection almost make it no brainer for me.

15 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I'm seriously tempted to go Xbox first this generation.

Better backwards compatibility meaning I'll have more to play at launch which is important imo because I don't see any big guns from Sony dropping until sometime next year. And by then the console should be easily available.

Gamepass and my digital collection almost make it no brainer for me.

I’m the opposite, For me Xbox will come in to its own later in the gen when all those studios they bought up start bearing next gen fruit. I’m not massively fussed on playing older games and it’s pretty low down on my lists of wants from a new console.