WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

A cheap next-gen console and a subscription to gamepass would be a great shout if you're not interested in playing in 4K or Sony exclusives. I'm tempted to dive back into PC gaming myself after the unveiling of the stupidly powerful new Nvidia cards along with the cheap-ish but powerful Ryzen 3 chips, seems like a decent time to start jumping in.

3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Gwyn is a massive cunt and I’m going to spend the entire workday obsessing about beating the  fast fiery fuck.

I just want to play Tony Hawk’s for fucks sake.

If you want to get off to a good start against Gwyn, I'd recommend starting the fight by charging towards him and parrying his initial attack at the very last second. Also, if you have a maxed out Chaos infused Reinforced Club (hope you didn't kill the undead merchant) after the first parry, you can 2 hand this weapon, circle behind him, and youre guaranteed to stagger him every 2 hits.

14 minutes ago, neil is brill said:

If you want to get off to a good start against Gwyn, I'd recommend starting the fight by charging towards him and parrying his initial attack at the very last second. Also, if you have a maxed out Chaos infused Reinforced Club (hope you didn't kill the undead merchant) after the first parry, you can 2 hand this weapon, circle behind him, and youre guaranteed to stagger him every 2 hits.

I killed him far too early. That initial parry was about all I could do before he flurried me to death. The problem is I tanked up and boshed my way to this point and now I’m too heavy and my stamina runs out too quickly. Am I right in thinking a lighter armour set (switching between Havel and and Black Iron) with a spec’d up black knight shield would be the best way to go? I’m yielding a +5 black knight sword but I have a pretty hefty dragon tooth but it just drains me and is slow.

27 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

When I mentioned learning to parry would come in handy later on...

To be fair the closest I’ve gotten so far is a naked suicide run with the parry dagger and my BK sword. My parrying is wildly erratic though, I can parry every knight on the way to boss door or just as easily get taken out by the first knight. Seems to be all about rhythm for me. Rhythm and a million stats I’ll never understand.

• Paid Members

The next round of preserved collection for Train Sim World 2 is out now. Long Island RailRoad, Tees Valley Line, and Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr, along with any related DLC locos that are available with them. If you own any of this DLC in TSW2020 you should get it for free, however there's a bit of a confusion with the XBox One versions at the moment where Microsoft have accidentally put the date of 10/09 in American format instead of the way we in the rest of the world do it. They're now waiting for Microsoft to rectify this. It's fine on PS$ & PC from what I gather.

HotShot Racing came out on everything today. It looks like Virtua Racing, but with a lot more features, modes, and vehicles. The handling is realy annoying drifty style though, when what I was hoping for was the lovely handling from something like a Virtua Racing. Takes some getting used to and it quite frustrating.