WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, scratchdj said:

This is currently £2.02 on Switch on the eShop. I’ve played about an hour and it’s loads of fun.

Looks as if it's a lot of Crazy Taxi mixed with a bit of Desert Strike and some Carnage. 

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The event was a massive success! The original target of £100 (we're all small streamers) was thrashed immediately, so we upped it to £200, then £300, then £500. The current amount is £1052.99

It’s such a waste of money (unless you have it) to jump in at launch. The games have been developed with current gen in mind so they don’t really perform any different, the games that are actually ava

I'm playing Death To The Megathread 2020 on the Xbox. I'm stuck on level 4 because it wont let you just cut and paste something and then not post your own personal opinion on anything. 

Posted Images

I’ve been playing a bit more Mario 64 on 3D All-Stars and once you get over the fact it’s an underwhelming port it’s great, it’s still Mario 64 after all.

However, fuck Big Boo’s Balcony. Fuck whoever designed this ridiculous challenge, fuck whoever developed the wall kick as a move, fuck Big Boo himself and fuck Nintendo for allowing this to remain in the game. 

EDIT: I’ve finally managed to get to Big Boo and beat him, and the motherfucking star appears on the cunting roof???? What the actual fuck?? I’m on my fifth attempt trying to get it and I keep sliding off and losing health. This is the single most infuriating experience I’ve had in any game ever. Give me the Chemical Plant Zone in Sonic 2 or Ocarina of Time’s Water Temple any day.

Edited by RedRooster
  • Paid Members

Excited for the Mafia remake on Friday, I was jealous watching a mate play it on PC back in the day, even more so after eventually getting the PS2 port a few years later and it being janky AF.

Ì just hope it launches in a better state than the definitive editions of 2 and 3, the latter one somehow managed to "update" a working game to the point where you could fall through the map of New Orleans and end up in fucking Berlin!

• Paid Members

Doom Eternal is coming to GamePass on 1st October.

I have a Gold subscription that’s paid up to May next year. When I try to upgrade to GamePass Ultimate, it’s still trying to charge me £10.99/month. Does that sound right?

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I have a Gold subscription that’s paid up to May next year. When I try to upgrade to GamePass Ultimate, it’s still trying to charge me £10.99/month. Does that sound right?

Is it trying to charge you now, or is it saying that's the price ongoing?  Should be £1 for your first month which also bumps up your existing Gold/Game Pass to Ultimate to its expiration date.  From then you'll be hit with the £10.99.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass for Console or Xbox Game Pass for PC time into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to 36 months. All conversions are final. See xbox.com/gamepass for details.

1 hour ago, RancidPunx said:

I’ve been enjoying the new Pro Evo I must say. 

Same. Wasn't expecting much but the gameplay seems a good deal faster and smoother than 2020, and you've got to respect Konami's "Look, this is half price because it's just a season update" approach. Will be interesting to see what the new engine brings next year. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Is it trying to charge you now, or is it saying that's the price ongoing?  Should be £1 for your first month which also bumps up your existing Gold/Game Pass to Ultimate to its expiration date.  From then you'll be hit with the £10.99.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

Yeah, it’s trying to charge me now. I had the £1 thing last year so assume I can’t do that again. But it seems wrong to charge me full whack given I’ve got many months left of Gold.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Yeah, it’s trying to charge me now. I had the £1 thing last year so assume I can’t do that again. But it seems wrong to charge me full whack given I’ve got many months left of Gold.

Am I undertsanding it right in that you used GamePass Ultimate cancelled/let it expire and then went back to regular Gold?  If so then yeah, I don't think you get the upgrade of regular Live/Game Pass if you've had Game Pass Ultimate before.  Or you're going to pay one month at £10.99 to "upgrade" rather than the old £1 deal, then ongoing.  I'd clarify with MS though in case it totally voids your current live.

Edited by johnnyboy