WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, Rule One said:

Don't know if it's nationwide (I'm in the Greater Manchester area.) but CEX have been selling the standard version of Fifa 21 for the past few days which isn't supposed to be released until tomorrow. Picked up a copy today and they said they've had no problems playing it in store so far. 

Rule One Junior is going to be chuffed when he gets home providing the game doesn't get time locked. 

A friend of mine used to be a manager at a CEX in North London and someone will turn up and sell them 10 or 15 brand new copies every year days prior to release date.

I think the Ultimate edition came out on Tuesday this year whilst the standard copy is out tomorrow.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Anyone got much experience with VR stuff?

The Oculus Quest 2 is coming out soon and I'm quite tempted by it, as I am every single gadget that ever comes out ever.

I know a few who have tested it and said it's a great piece of kit. I think my main worry is how many games/apps are available for it. Or at least the amount of quality content anyway.

What's VR looking like in 2020?

23 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Anyone got much experience with VR stuff?

The Oculus Quest 2 is coming out soon and I'm quite tempted by it, as I am every single gadget that ever comes out ever.

I know a few who have tested it and said it's a great piece of kit. I think my main worry is how many games/apps are available for it. Or at least the amount of quality content anyway.

What's VR looking like in 2020?

I bought the original Quest and sold it in order to buy the Quest 2. I actually managed to sell it for more than I'm needing to pay for the Quest 2, which is a nice bonus. 

In terms of the Quest, I never felt like it was lacking in content but there are obviously far less options than you'd find on the Rift. If you have a PC, the Oculus Link feature allows you to play Rift games on Quest, so that doesn't matter so much. This isn't something I ever did though. 

The Quest exclusive games are fairly expensive, even when they're on sale. The lack of cables and easy set up meant this didn't bother me too much. 

Ultimately, in spite of all this, the fact I'm planning to buy the Quest 2 after owning the Quest should make my opinion pretty clear.

I spent hours playing Beat Sabre, laughed my way through Trover Saves the Universe and Accounting Plus, explored the world using Google Earth VR and accidentally got punched in the face by my dad while he was playing Drunken Bar Fight (at least I think it was an accident).

And that's the other thing, it's really portable. I was able to take it to friends, my parents and most meaningfully my grandparents (pre-pandemic).

My grandparents used to love travelling but for health reasons can't do this anymore. The Quest allowed them to revisit places they'd not been to in decades, and it meant so much to them. I'm so glad they were able to experience that. 

If you can afford it, I don't think you'll regret buying one. 

Rocket League is free on Switch in case like me, you only ever really use your Switch to look for Korok seeds and haven’t ventured in to the online store for a while.

I’ve managed to start off shitter at Fifa than I was at the last game which is some feat considering the game is only marginally different. Early impressions point to it being far more counter based but I don’t know if they’ve changed the defensive systems much so could just be me being shit.

The Switch Fifa is just an exact copy of last years Fifa with updated squads. Last years was just an exact copy of the year before with updated squads so for the price of a full price game you’re getting a patched Fifa 19. Scumbags.

• Paid Members

Hi guys, bit of a long shot but has anyone else ever had issues with Arkham Knight where you die and you get taken back to a checkpoint that’s way far back?

For instance, I’m at the stage where I’m hunting the super tank with Ivy, and when I die I’m taken back to the airship where I have to try and save Barbara again which is about 45 mins of gameplay!

Not sure what I’m doing wrong but if anyone can offer any tips or advice it’s much appreciated!

I'm almost finished Super Mario 64 in 3D All-Stars and I have every star apart from one. I can't get 100 coins on Hazy Maze Cave. I can't even figure out WHERE the coins are to hit that target, it seems impossible, they don't seem to even exist. I always thought Mario 64 was my favourite Mario game, but I'd never tried to 100% it before. Now that I'm doing that I think I might actually hate it. After struggling my way through some of the harder levels (and fuck those Bowser boss fights too, it takes me ages to actually hit the god damn mines, Mario needs to work on his aim) I'm pretty sure that the game hates me too, and it feels very likely that it's become sentient and is purposely hiding the coins in Hazy Maze Cave so that I can never be done with it. 

On 10/10/2020 at 3:25 PM, Uncle Zeb said:

Speaking of Switch online, Super Mario Bros 35 has assured me of one thing: as a Mario player, I make a pretty good Sonic player.

It’s the online Battle Royale I was born to play!   Well it’s the only one I’ve ever won on at least.  Feels quite easy to cheese really. Build up your coins, take your time and make sure you know where all the fire flowers are. The fact that the enemies that get sent to you are easily dispatched to the tune of time bonuses just makes it easier.

It’s fun but it’s no Tetris 99.