WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Im trying to play pikmin demo on the switch. The dam giro controls are broken beyond being playable. The pointer tends to shoot off to the far side of the screen and you cant get it back. Its really putting me off off buying the game.

Might be a pick up if it gets patched im not sure its the same game if you have to use a bog standard controller. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Is there no way to calibrate the pointer so that it resets to the middle of the screen? I remember Wii games forever making you do that before you began playing.

Not that i can find, there is options to turn it off and on again in settings that will reset it.  But in the middle of a game thats the last thing you want. ]

EDIT

Found this on reddit 

"You have to constantly press R to recalibrate the center position of the pointer.

So if you want to use the pointer, set your wrist to a comfortable "middle of the screen" position, then press R, and it should be pretty accurate.

It's a pain that you have to do this compared to wii, but it's the next best thing"

I will try playing the demo again now i know how to re center

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
On 10/22/2020 at 4:44 PM, Egg Shen said:

random question/query here.

I bought UFC 4 for my Xbox One last week on disc, ive installed it and im able to play the game without the actual disc in the console, how is that possible?

It's free-to-play this weekend for anyone/everyone; after that you'll need the disc as usual.

Final Fantasy VII Remake. 

Finally finished it (about 40 hours) and some minor gripes aside (some obvious padding and a tacked on upgrade system for example) it's easily up there as one of my favourite games this gen. 

Maybe it's because I'm not a purist but I'm fully on board with the changes they made.

Yeah they pissed some people off but Square Enix were always going to develop the game outside the box and imo anyone expecting a beat for beat remake was setting themselves up for disappointment from the start.

That was never happening. 

After all this is the company that somehow turned FFXIII into a trilogy (that became more gloriously ludicrous with each game) and put out the bonkers FFX-2.

9/10. 

• Paid Members

@Keith Houchenpicked up the Isle Of Wight route on Train Sim World 2 tonight. Its got some gorgeous scenery, and the train itself is nice and easy to drive, especially if you're a fan of the Bakerloo line train.

The latest road map came out today, and it looks like they're planning on bringing the last few bits of preserved collection soon with the Transpennine, Great Western, and final German route to come. I can't wait to run some of the newer trains from Manchester to Leeds, or even some of the older trains on that Paddington to Reading route. Hopefully it'll be arriving in the next couple of weeks. The graphical upgrades could be nice as well. They're also looking at making it possible to edit preserved collection trains using the livery editor as well. 

On 10/25/2020 at 6:07 PM, The King Of Swing said:

Final Fantasy VII Remake. 

Finally finished it (about 40 hours) and some minor gripes aside (some obvious padding and a tacked on upgrade system for example) it's easily up there as one of my favourite games this gen. 

Maybe it's because I'm not a purist but I'm fully on board with the changes they made.

Yeah they pissed some people off but Square Enix were always going to develop the game outside the box and imo anyone expecting a beat for beat remake was setting themselves up for disappointment from the start.

That was never happening. 

After all this is the company that somehow turned FFXIII into a trilogy (that became more gloriously ludicrous with each game) and put out the bonkers FFX-2.

9/10. 

I really enjoyed it, but I go back-and-forth on how I feel about the new stuff. Initially I really liked how unexpected it was, but then I replayed the original and I kind of do feel like I want to see some of that stuff brought to life in a modern format rather than play an alternate universe retelling of sorts. 

I'm excited about part 2 regardless and I hope we get to experience it sooner rather than later. 

• Paid Members

Hades is reduced in Switch at the moment. It's really well done has that "one more go" thing going on with it. The story is really interesting. I've not managed to beat the first boss yet, but I have the feeling it'll be one of those where if the challenge is because it's early in the game, and that I'll be able to get further in once I've managed to beat her. I think I  need to plan which boons to take a little more carefully. 

Drove the 483 (AKA 1938 London Underground stock) on the Bakerloo line last night. It's really nice to drive. Good acceleration when you stick the reverser in forward 2, and the brakes are pretty good as well, although not as good as they are on the 1972 stock. 

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Hades is reduced in Switch at the moment. It's really well done has that "one more go" thing going on with it. The story is really interesting. I've not managed to beat the first boss yet, but I have the feeling it'll be one of those where if the challenge is because it's early in the game, and that I'll be able to get further in once I've managed to beat her. I think I  need to plan which boons to take a little more carefully. 

Drove the 483 (AKA 1938 London Underground stock) on the Bakerloo line last night. It's really nice to drive. Good acceleration when you stick the reverser in forward 2, and the brakes are pretty good as well, although not as good as they are on the 1972 stock. 

I got obsessed with Hades for about a week, and now have fallen off it - it might be something I go back to to waste some time, but it is a masterpiece.

• Paid Members

I gave it a try myself a while back it looks like a fab game with a really interesting story, but I don't have the reactions or coordination for it. 

2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I gave it a try myself a while back it looks like a fab game with a really interesting story, but I don't have the reactions or coordination for it. 

I really enjoyed the story which made the fact it was too hard for me to finish all the more disappointing