WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Am I undertsanding it right in that you used GamePass Ultimate cancelled/let it expire and then went back to regular Gold?  If so then yeah, I don't think you get the upgrade of regular Live/Game Pass if you've had Game Pass Ultimate before.  Or you're going to pay one month at £10.99 to "upgrade" rather than the old £1 deal, then ongoing.  I'd clarify with MS though in case it totally voids your current live.

That’s exactly right. I’ll see if I can find a live chat, thanks.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The event was a massive success! The original target of £100 (we're all small streamers) was thrashed immediately, so we upped it to £200, then £300, then £500. The current amount is £1052.99

It’s such a waste of money (unless you have it) to jump in at launch. The games have been developed with current gen in mind so they don’t really perform any different, the games that are actually ava

I'm playing Death To The Megathread 2020 on the Xbox. I'm stuck on level 4 because it wont let you just cut and paste something and then not post your own personal opinion on anything. 

Posted Images

• Paid Members

If you download Rocket League for free on the Epic game launcher, they’ll give you a £10 voucher to spend in the store.

I used mine against Art of Rally, which really is a beautifully presented game.

• Paid Members

I contacted MS support chat and they were really helpful. Here’s what they said, in case it helps others (sorry it’s pasted in white text!)

Hi Matt, I hope you are having an awesome day. Thanks for letting me know that. I understand that you would like to upgrade to Ultimate, if you purchase Xbox Game Pass Ultimate now, you'll be charged 10.99  GBP, and your time for Gold will convert to Ultimate, and you won't be charge again for it until April 2021. 

Ok, although I don’t quite understand that. If I had nothing at the moment, I could take GamePass Ultimate and it would cost £10.99/month, is that correct?

Yes, but since you have Gold until May 2021, your time for Gold will merge to Ultimate, and you won't be charge again for Ultimate until Next year. 

So if I pay £10.99 now, I’ll pay nothing more until May next year? I.e you won’t charge me £10.99/month between now and then?

You won't pay nothing until April 2021, actually, because you'll get the month for Ultimate and the time that you have for Gold will be Ultimate as soon as you get the subscription. The system will only charge you 10.99  GBP now, and the next billing date will be on April 2021

Ok cool, thank you. It just want clear from the site as it looked like it was going to charge me £10.99/month, hence my confusion 🙂

*wasn’t

No worries, Matt, your very welcome, you know what I personally did on my son's account, was adding 2 codes for 2 years Xbox Live Gold and then I purchased Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, so he got 25 months for Gold ;) 

Is a nice trick to save money.

Oh, how does that work sorry?

I went to Walmart and purchased 2 codes for Xbox Live Gold 12 months each one, and I redeemed the code on my son's account. So he got 2 years for Xbox Live Gold, after that, I purchased Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on his account, and the time for gold got converted to Ultimate, that's why at the end, he got 25 months of Ultimate. 

Oh cool, that’s a nice trick indeed! Thank you, I might try that. I’m in the UK but hopefully that would still work?

Yes, it'll work. What I'm not sure is which one are the retailers on UK, but you might know where to get the codes, right ? And your very welcome :) 

• Paid Members

@scratchdj when I first did the upgrade I was hesitant because of their terrible wording. Their blunt "we'll charge you x every month" really meant they'll start charging that after all the Gold that had been converted to Ultimate runs out. My last bill was for a quid last June!

46 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Is it still £1 to upgrade? So you can get three years worth for the price of three 12 month Gold memberships plus £1. Also is that £1 upgrade for first time subs?

I've read some people have managed to get it again, while others have had to pay a one off £10-ish fee to upgrade again (still a great deal), the difference between them might be those who've let it lapse vs cancelling it.

Mine is up on the 30th. Will update.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Is it still £1 to upgrade? So you can get three years worth for the price of three 12 month Gold memberships plus £1. Also is that £1 upgrade for first time subs?

Yes, yes, and yes.

Add all your gold codes first before you upgrade.  If you add gold codes after you've upgraded they only have a fractional value.  (e.g. a 3 month prepaid gold code gives you 1 month of ultimate - well, 50 days/"1 month +")

Edited by johnnyboy
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

I contacted MS support chat and they were really helpful. Here’s what they said, in case it helps others (sorry it’s pasted in white text!)

That's a result.

• Paid Members

@Keith HouchenDovetail announced the next round of Preserved Collection stuff to be brought forward from TSW2020 to TSW2. It's the 3 German routes, but each one will also allow you to do more timetable services on the current German route without needing to go into the scenario creator, including the S-Bahn services. They arrive October 1st, although if the last debacle involving date fornatting was anything to go by it'll be January 10th for XBox users. 

• Paid Members

I’ve ended up loading my current Gold subscription with 2 x 12 month Brazilian codes for £58.28 and then paid £10.99 to upgrade to GamePass Ultimate.

So £69.27 has got me the full jobbie up until the end of July 2023 which doesn’t seem bad.

• Paid Members

Been playing Hades on the Switch. It's a rogue-like set in Hell, where you are Hades' son trying to escape, and you call on the Gods of Olympus to get aid. It's really good, quite skilful but very more-ish. Like crack. 

Edited by Nexus
21 hours ago, Nexus said:

Been playing Hades on the Switch. It's a rogue-like set in Hell, where you are Hades' son trying to escape, and you call on the Gods of Olympus to get aid. It's really good, quite skilful but very more-ish. Like crack. 

I'm generally not a fan of roguelikes, as far as Supergiant Games goes, I enjoyed Bastion and Transistor but couldn't get into Pyre...would you recommend Hades to me? I'm tempted given the acclaim it's received, but I'm not sure if it'll be for me. 

Edited by RedRooster