WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I managed to win a game of that Mario 35, which is ridiculous because I'm terrible at Mario games. The strategy appears to be take your time, grab coins, have a fire flower and shoot everything. They can be pretty long ass games as well. 

• Paid Members

I know I had a good couple of hundred hours on Animal Crossing. Can't put the same time into it now I'm back at work though. It's an odd one. I used to plough hours in every day, but it's just gone right off. 

No chance I can get crazy stat screens like that anymore. I'm a 10-12 hour story game type of guy. I've done hundreds of hours of Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, but that's loads of characters across multiple years. I'd like to see the stats, though. 

I vaguely recall the time played screen on TimeSplitters 2 being over a week on the original Xbox, which is impressive for an offline shooter. Beat the story mode with every friend who came after school, endless games of virus, the arcade leagues, then just spent weeks making GoldenEye maps on the thing. 

The fact that it hasn't been monetised into a HD collection yet is scandalous. It has to be an issue with the source code or something, although the series did essentially sell fairly poor. What the TimeSplitter Rewind guys are doing is admirable, but I'll be dead by the time it comes out. 

• Paid Members
On 9/25/2020 at 10:35 PM, CleetusVanDamme said:

@scratchdj when I first did the upgrade I was hesitant because of their terrible wording. Their blunt "we'll charge you x every month" really meant they'll start charging that after all the Gold that had been converted to Ultimate runs out. My last bill was for a quid last June!

I've read some people have managed to get it again, while others have had to pay a one off £10-ish fee to upgrade again (still a great deal), the difference between them might be those who've let it lapse vs cancelling it.

Mine is up on the 30th. Will update.

Yeah, I'm good for the next two years! Just had to pay the £10.99 upgrade fee.

It's still a poorly worded "we'll charge you £10.99 a month" at the confirm payment bit. Only if I forget to cancel by 2022, noobs.

• Paid Members

Football Manager 2012 - 1003 hours

Football Manager 2015 - 805 hours

All the others up to 2019 have a good 200-300 hours between them. Proper gaming though, that how it should be. 

I'm glad there's no way of tracking Championship Manager 93/94, CM 2 and CM 2001/2, that would pain an astonishingly bleak picture of my life. 

As good a time as any to drop in this excellent Guardian article from a few years ago on other player's shameful experiences with Championship Manager:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/22/championship-manager-game-football-25-years

The stories in it always make me smile. 

23 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

As good a time as any to drop in this excellent Guardian article from a few years ago on other player's shameful experiences with Championship Manager:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/22/championship-manager-game-football-25-years

The stories in it always make me smile. 

Add to this, if anyone hasn't read Iain MacIntosh's book Football Manager Stole My Life, it is highly recommended and a really fun read.

15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Add to this, if anyone hasn't read Iain MacIntosh's book Football Manager Stole My Life, it is highly recommended and a really fun read.

Oh yes. Ordered. 

Anyone else picked up Crash Bandicoot 4? It’s brutally difficult, far more than the original games, but it’s everything I hoped a new Crash game would be and then some. I knew I was going to have a great time with this one about 2 minutes into the game, the developers have absolutely nailed it. 

Don't know if it's nationwide (I'm in the Greater Manchester area.) but CEX have been selling the standard version of Fifa 21 for the past few days which isn't supposed to be released until tomorrow. Picked up a copy today and they said they've had no problems playing it in store so far. 

Rule One Junior is going to be chuffed when he gets home providing the game doesn't get time locked.