WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

32 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Doesn’t have pretty comprehensive difficulty sliders? 

Not that I remember, although I played it on Switch on Day One so perhaps that was a late addition?

I may be misremembering and may have chosen a difficulty that was above my level of tolerance. It doesn’t ring a bell though.

• Paid Members

Ive just brought ring fit for the switch, ive probably been taken in by the you tube videos of peoples fitness gains from using it. 

However the gym isnt happening for a long time and its getting colder and colder outside.  

@Keith HouchenI read they would convert EA access to Xbox pass at a reduced rate. So you might get a few months to try it out at no extra cost 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-29-heres-a-cheeky-way-to-get-four-months-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-for-only-gbp20

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members

Got genuinely annoyed at Red Dead 2 for the first time in untold hours of gameplay. My measure of a well designed game is if, when you're doing badly, you get annoyed at your own lack of ability rather than the game's design; if it feels like the design of the game is conspiring to make you lose, or that you're only losing because of design/control/camera flaws, it's a bad game.

Nothing quite so immediately irritating this time, but that I've spent weeks trying to catch one particular Legendary Fish, and hours on another, only to check my list and find out that I'd already caught both of them, they just weren't crossed off the map like all the others.

• Paid Members

My gran gave me some cash to treat myself. Picked up a £20 PSN voucher, had a little to chip in myself. Managed to get £160 worth of games (16 altogether) for just shy of £30. Those Instant Indie Bundles are all under £3 right now, and I spotted the deluxe edition of Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite for £15. Gonna keep me busy for a while. Back to Spider-Man tonight I think, assuming I don't end up on train sim world again. 

• Awards Moderator

I went in GAME for the first time in 700 years last week and picked up 5 games cheap. 

Got home and started a fourth playthrough of Fallout 4 instead. Complete waste of time and money going to the shop at all. It's all ManyATrueNerd's fault. 

Edited by Onyx2

I’ve just finished Return of the Obra Dinn on Switch and all I can say is wow. I didn’t enjoy Lucas Pope’s previous game, Papers, Please. I understood the point it was trying to make but I found it dull to play.

This, though...it blew me away. The graphical style makes it far more haunting than a more traditional format ever could and uncovering the mystery as to what happened is both compelling and shocking.

If you haven’t played it yet I highly recommend you give it a go.

• Paid Members

Watch Dogs Legion. The recreation of London is really cool and also strange to play as a Londoner. Some bits are so scarily accurate (I've found two doorways I've puked up in when drunk so far) while other bits are just completely wrong or missing. Other than that the mechanics, plot and mission design is pretty crummy.

The bits where you get to do different things like climbing the inside of Big Ben (well, the bell tower, whatever it's called) or using a drone to zip through vents and ducts and things are good fun, but the majority of the missions boil down to "drive here, hack your way inside, pick up a thing then get out". It was fun for the first couple of hours, but got old super quickly. A lot of the voices are really jarring, too - being able to play as anyone was a decent idea, but they didn't put enough voices in so a lot of the time the voice doesn't fit the character at all. Plus, a patch over the weekend has made the Xbone version pretty much unplayable, with widespread reports of the game freezing up completely within minutes of booting it up (happened to me yesterday, so I've given up on it for now). Hopefully AC Valhalla won't be quite as buggered...