WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

So are Yakuza games like smaller scale GTA games then? Are they janky?

They’re a unique blend of parts of GTA/Beat em up/RPG with a somewhat similar feel to Shenmue in the sense there’s plenty of useless side missions to do just for the fun of it, like the previously mentioned UFO catcher.

0 was the first I played and I really wasn't sure about it after a few hours.

100 hours later I was solving all my problems by smashing a baseball bat or the nearest motorbike over peoples heads. I was running a successful cabaret club and owned most of the Kabuchiko district. You will have the Fever Time music pretty much drilled into your head by that point too.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

11 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

I can see them using Judgment as the classic Yakuza style game going forward.

The change in fighting system to a genre that I've never cared for has ruled out Like a Dragon completely for me, so I hope you're right about more Judgment games (or Yakuza goes back to its roots).

Been one of my favourite series since its debut on PS2, but I won't be forced to embrace turn-based combat just because Nagoshi got bored of taking my money for things I actually like.

Edit: I should add, for those enjoying the new style, I'm happy for you etc etc.

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Is Like A Dragon just a spin off title? 

It’s main series I heard but as far as I know is all new characters. That being said I don’t want to play it until I’ve finished the others just in case it spoils anything.

9 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Did anyone get Streets of Rage 4 and is it worth £20?

Got it, paid £20, played through it once with my daughter, probably won’t ever play it again, well worth it. 

I could have taken her to the cinema for twice that price and not had anywhere near the same experience.

I reckon by the time Like a Dragon makes it way to PS5 proper Xbox will either own Sega or they’ll throw money at them and put it on GP. 

11 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Yes and yes.

Though I did end up bumping it down to Easy, which I don't recall having to do on the originals (I probably did).

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

If you like beat em ups, and especially the previous Streets Of Rage games it's well worth the money. There's plenty to do and unlock. 

@Uncle ZebI've not played it since the patch came out the other month, but I hear its supposed to be a bit easier now that it's been rebalanced. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

Thanks all, Streets of Rage 4 purchased. £20 from Currys/PC World if interested. As someone who only had a Game Gear at the time, I played the shit out of the first Streets of Rage on there and I enjoyed playing them on Roms later in life so can't wait to get it tomorrow.

15 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

The change in fighting system to a genre that I've never cared for has ruled out Like a Dragon completely for me, so I hope you're right about more Judgment games (or Yakuza goes back to its roots).

Been one of my favourite series since its debut on PS2, but I won't be forced to embrace turn-based combat just because Nagoshi got bored of taking my money for things I actually like.

Edit: I should add, for those enjoying the new style, I'm happy for you etc etc.

IMO the new engine suits turned based combat more than brawling. Fights never felt quite right in the newer games to me, still fun but well short of the previous games.

Wouldn't be surprised if the devs wanted to move away from the previous combat for ages but waited until they finished Kiryu's story.

If/when they go back to brawling I hope it's the old engine which they have perfected. Though the chances of that are probably zero.

Also hope we get more non Yakuza IP games like Fist of The North Star Lost Paradise. That game rocks. 

Edited by The King Of Swing